Life Choices

I hope you all enjoy this update because I loved writing it.

"Okay, you and Callie have to let me know if either of you are having a personal night."

"What?" Cristina looks to me confused.

"You two are in relationships and I'm not. If you need the apartment to get lucky or something I would like to know so I don't walk in on anything."

"Where will you go?"

"I'll stay at Mer's or a hotel room for the night so you two can have some fun."

"There is no fun having on my side. Callie will get more action."

"She so will."

"You two don't like me very much, do you?" Izzie comes sitting down next to our cubbies.

"Uh..." I look around wondering why she's asking us this.

"No, it's good. It's good because I need to tell you both something. I need to tell you two because I need to tell someone. And...Cristina is a robot. And Gen you despite everything keep your emotions and personal feelings to yourself. You both can take it." Izzie exclaims to us.

"Okay." Cristina and I give her our full attention now.

"I can't tell either of you here. I...I can't."

"Okay."

"I can't." Izzie repeats and the distress in her voice is noted.

"Okay." Cristina keeps calm and concerned as she leads us to a place where we can all talk. The air vents around us whoosh up and it gives Izzie the courage to tell us the heartbreaking news. I know she thinks because we're not her biggest fans we can handle this but how can anyone handle this?

__________________________________
Cristina and I have been up all night researching treatment options for Izzie that can give her the best possible outcome. She seems receptive to it, but having to keep this all a secret is going to be hard. "Okay, you can go with straight-up chemo and immunotherapy. The survival rates are pretty low, but there's been a lot of success with mastectomies. We could probably just, you know cut this thing out..."

"Shh...shh." Izzie stops Cristina as she begins hiding all of our research.

"What are you hiding?" Alex asks.

"Nothing. Just working stuff." Izzie lies straight to his face.

"What is that, a cool surgery?" He comes closer.

"No, it's nothing. I said it's nothing. " Izzie tries to get him to leave but it's not working.

"Well, whatever it is they're gonna pick me. I already flew solo. You're still on training wheels." Alex kisses the side of Izzie's head and leaves.

"Are you sure you just don't want to tell him?" I ask her again.

"Yes, I'm sure." Izzie states without looking at me.

"Okay, look we researched a ton of information here. You can read all of this before you see the oncologist." I inform her handing the research to her.

"When is that?" She asks.

"I called Dr. Golding, and he gave me a direct referral to Swender. So I'm gonna try and get you in today." Cristina exclaims with pride.

"Shh...shh..." Izzie closes our folders as Meredith comes into the kitchen.

"What are you two doing here? I told Cristina I was fine and...we haven't spoken in a while." Meredith states to me but with a smile on her face.