Hurricane Sloan is Here

Enjoy this update so much more to come.

"Dr. Sloan here are your tests results."

"Thanks." Mark holds the paper that has our future on it.

"We're going to make it work whatever it says." I assure him and he nods. He carefully flips it over and we analyze it together and see the word match. Sloan is Mark's daughter and our life just got more complicated. "So let's go over the plan."

"Plan?" Mark asks me confused.

"So obviously you will want her to stay at the apartment. I would have to ask Callie and Cristina if Sloan can sleep in my room for the duration of her stay."

"Okay." Mark is still frozen in his spot.

"How long?"

"What?"

"Mark snap out of it."

"I just became a dad Gen. I have an 18-year old. I am not ready for this."

"Okay stop freaking out. We have a small window of just us. We need to discuss what we're going to do with Sloan." Mark nods his head.

"Okay, I like the idea of her using your room."

"She has a bed to sleep in and a place to put some belongings and we're always over at each other's apartments so it's not a big deal." Mark nods his head.

"Do you think Callie will be okay with it?"

"She should. I still pay rent and groceries at the apartment and if not Sloan can sleep in ours."

"Okay and about time?"

"Take it one step at a time." I offer and he nods his head. "Well let's go get your kid." I state to him as I grab Mark's hand.

"I can't do this." Mark pulls on my arm trying to keep me from dragging him towards the conference room where Sloan has been waiting for him.

"Yes, you can. No man up go tell your kid we have Thanksgiving dinner." Mark approaches the door of the conference room. He opens the door and Sloan looks up from her phone.

"So?"

"You're my kid." Mark says putting on a fake and uneasy smile.

"I told you I wasn't lying. So what now?" Sloan asks all bubbly like this is no big deal which is concerning.

"Well, I'm Gen. We have Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's place which is right across from our apartment. Do you have more than your purse?" I motion.

"I have like a small suitcase of things but not much else." She responds and I nod my head.

"Well come on I'll drive us." I lead us to the parking lot and Mark is still a deer in the headlights. He won't say a word and Sloan can't stop texting.

__________________________________
We walk into the apartment with Callie, Arizona, and Cristina greeting us. "Hey!" Their smiles drop as they see Sloan come in after us. "Hi." They fake greet her now. Cristina looks at me with wide eyes.

"Welcome. Happy Thanksgiving. Who wants wine?" Callie offers.

"Ooh, I do." Sloan speaks up.

"No, you...you don't." Mark cuts her off.

"I'll take her wine." I state motioning for Callie.

"Okay, you want a gl..." I shake my head and point to the bottle. She nods and hands it over to me and I take a long swig of the red wine.