Stone cold

Loki heard the first scream two hours ago, at least he thought it was two hours. Time seemed to freeze in this place, a minute felt like a day, and an hour felt like a life time. Would it be, would they be forced to like the rest of their lives in an hour. Tortured by a man who deserved worse than hell could give. Loki just wanted his god damn brother back, the kid who had saved him what felt like forever ago. The screams carried on and he sat there his eyes stone cold, seeing but not seeing. Not wanting to see the state of the source of the scream. At the same time though, he wanted to see him and make sure that he was still breathing.
Still alive.

————/•\————

When the doors opened again, the dim light hit Loki's eyes burning them. He'd been left alone in the dark for so long. A limp form was in one of the mans arms.

Peter.

He was thrown in but Loki managed to catch him before he hit the ground. If you asked him how he got up so fast, he would tell you that he didn't know. All he knows is that he's thankful he did, if he didn't Peter May have hit his head too hard on the stone cold floor.

Loki cradled the shivering, unconscious boy in his arms and prayed, he didn't know who to, but he prayed that they get out. That Peter never have to feel even the pain of a paper cut again.

Never again.

————/•\————

"Tony look!" Clint pointed at something on the map. They had been trying to find Peter and Loki for five days. Yes it had been five whole days, about to be six in two hours. And had anyone slept? No, well except for Steve who claimed he was indeed an "old man" and that if he was going to be able to help he needed rest. He encouraged the others to do the same but they didn't listen, instead they took after Tony. Surviving solely on energy drinks and coffee.

"Clint, that was the same as it was four hours ago" Tony sighed resting his head back on the table after he'd jumped up with the prospect of finding his sons.

"There has got to be a better way to do this"Steve sighed, still not understanding the tech.

"Besides searching every single inch of this Earth manually there isn't much else we can do" Bruce said, looking up from his book. Reading was the only thing keeping the big guy at bay.

"I will do that if that's what it takes" Nat said standing up she missed her baby spider and baby snowman, she would never admit it but she also hated seeing Tony like this. The bags on his eyes the strongest out of all of theirs, he didn't sleep before this. This whole ordeal was making it worse.

"Don't be silly Nat, even if we did do that they would just keep moving farther and farther away the closer we got" Tony sighed, he sighed a lot now. Exhaustion clear in his voice, emotions, and movements. But he swore not to rest until his children were safe in his arms. Besides, he had tried to sleep a couple days ago but his mind was plagued with the thoughts that Peter and Loki were being tortured, that their mental states were deteriorating the longer they were there. He had gotten straight out of bed and got to work again.

"Ok everybody stop" Bucky commanded. "We need to think, have you checked security cameras?"

"Of course I have" Tony rolled his eyes.

"Well is there a way to cross check all of the footage and match it with any red blue and green. They were both wearing there gear right?" Bucky questioned.

Tony slowly turned to face Bucky, who was afraid he'd said something dumb again. To his surprise Tony instead said, "holy shit, you're fucking brilliant how did I not think of that" he turned back to his computer and started typing furiously. "This is going to take a while" he notified the others so they could maybe leave, but none of them moved a muscle.

————/•\————

"What if they never find us" Peter whimpered as Loki placed a cold hand on his recently broken ankle, soothing the pain.

"Don't think like that brother, the sun will shine on us again" oh how Loki wished that were true, the only person he could think would save them is Thor, but he's off world. So as far as Loki is concerned, there are never getting out of there.

"I just, I dunno it seems stupid" he looked at the ground, where the wrapper of the granola bar they had given him lay.

"What Pete if you need to say it it's not stupid" he encouraged.

"I just miss my bed" Peter chucked slightly at how stupid that sounded.

"Oh me too" Loki sighed over dramatically laughing as well. He was happy Peter could still laugh.

They stayed there for a few more hours, light conversation passing between them. Peter had had two panic attacks and Loki had calmed him down both times. Even though he himself felt like breaking down, he had to be strong.

Then the door opened, and Skip walked in. Gun in hand, "you will shoot him" he handed the gun to Loki, and pointed at Peter, then you will shoot him" he started to walk out, "it doesn't matter where but if you don't, you will both die" with that he slammed the door and a dim light turned on illuminating the dirty room.

The gun trembled in Loki's hand, how was he supposed to shoot Peter? Little cinnamon roll doe eyed Peter, who got excited over a carton of orange juice.

"Just do it, I'll be ok. If you don't he'll kill you" Peter said trying with no avail to mask the shakiness in his voice.

"I can't Peter, I - I'm sorry" Loki aimed the gun at Peters thigh. He didn't know where the best place to shoot would be but he couldn't think. Peter nodded, eyes squeezed shut as if to get rid of the world and the horrors it brings.

The gun shot rang in both of their ears and when Loki finally opened his eyes he saw Peter gasping in pain tying a part of his shirt around his thigh as a tourniquet.

"Ok, you do it now Peter" Loki said sliding the gun to Peter and pushing his leg out so he'd have a clear shot. "Just do it Peter, I'll be fine"

"I'm so sorry Loki, so sorry" Peter trembled, even the thought of a gun scared him, ever since his uncle died. Even as Spider-Man when the bad guy had a gun he had to take a second to compose himself before he stopped them. But now, the gun was in his hands, and he was baking told to shoot someone who had become like a brother to him. If he didn't they would both die. He aimed the gun, praying that he wouldn't miss, and breathed in. As he breathed out he squeezed he trigger and the loud sound ricocheted off the wall, stopping all sound for a moment, before it all came back. Loki was calmly wrapping his leg the same as Peter and he sighed. At least he didn't miss, they'd both be alive for another hour. His head throbbed with the start of a sensory overload and he was thankful when Loki managed to pull him over. Together the curled in on each other in the corner, each shielding the other from the pain and suffering. They fell into a fitful sleep, each promptly waking due to a nightmare, or sudden jolt of pain. Every time they would help each other, every time they would they'll the other that they would make it out.

They would make it out.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••