Safe but not yet sound

The bifrost was like a whirlwind of light, dizzying light. So dizzying in fact that Tony had to keep his eyes shut. One day, when his son-not-son 2 wasn't in immediate danger, he would love to work with Thor on how it works.

No you can't do that, you started Ultron and that destroyed so many lives. Giving the people access to a wormhole would be an astronomical mistake.

They hit the ground relatively hard, Tony staggering sideways slightly. He felt small hands grab the suit of armor and steady him. The face plate lifted up  and he looked at Peter, he was smiling at his softly, but there was a hint of fear behind his eyes. Fear that neither of them could shake, fear and guilt.

Guilt because while they had been focusing on Peters troubles they had completely ignored Loki, unintentionally of course. But it didn't matter whether they meant to or not, it didn't stop it from being true. They left him out, forced him to struggle on his own when he didn't have to.

"If he's here he'll be in the dungeons, ewww must hurry" Thor announced, breaking into a sprint towards the tower. He could use Mjölnir but then the others would be left to figure out how to find the dungeons.

They followed after, Tony flying at the speed of their sprints. Peter just below him, followed on the left and right by Steve and Bucky. He allowed the suit to use auto pilot while he took a breath, trusting the AI to track Peter and follow him.

They arrived at a back entrance that looked far too average for a castle on a far away planet occupied by literal gods. They crept through slowly, the lack of guards shocked tony but at the same time he figured that a castle like this must have other means of keeping people out. With that in mind he walked a little closer to Peter, gauntlet thrusters at the ready incase anything were to happen.

They rounded the last corner and came face to face with a pit. It extended down roughly twenty five feet. On a stone table in the middle was loki, closed eyes, blue skin. A chill climbed up Tony's spine when he spotted the other people in the pit.

(I have no idea how Loki's magic works so this is all made up by me)

There were three men, built like Thor surrounding a jar of sorts. A dim light was floating just above the surface of their table, it seemed to move like water. Dancing around the group, trickling past hands but never really touching it.

"We should get brothers magic back, if father takes it-which is probably what he wishes to do-Loki can't get it back. At least that's what father always warned"

Tony bristled at the prospect that Thor still thought Odin his father. Yes, in blood he was. But family may be something that's given but it can be taken. And an act such as stripping a brother of magic should warrant as reason to break away from the family titles.

Before they could act however, the large doors on the far side opened. Tony pulled Peter down, as Bucky did the same to Steve. Thor dropping first.

Odin walked through, not sparing a glance at the broken boy on the table. The one who had started shivering at his entrance, despite the Jötunn's inability to feel cold. That fact making Tony angrier with this person who calls himself a king. The shivering wasn't from chill, it was from a fear he felt even in unconsciousness.

"We have to get him out of here now" Tony whispered, strong determination in his voice.

"Yes we do, he seems to still have a minor amount of seiðr left. It should be strong enough o heal him in a more comfortable environment. I'm not sure what else that little can do though, he never told me, I don't think he wanted to lose it, so he didn't want to think about it" Thor explained sadly.

"Alright we go when Hoedin leaves" Peter said, determined.

"Woah kid, that's not a nice word" Steve began.

"Not the time asscicle we need to save Loki, and good one pete" he whispered turning to Peter for the last half.

Peter laughed slightly which stopped dead when they heard what Odin said.

"You are filthy, I should have never taken you in, you're only good for your Magic, and even that you refused me. You gave me no choice, this is your fault" the doors slammed after they people filed out, including the three men. They heard a light whimper and jumped into action.

...