Chapter 12: Flight with Hippogriff

"Are you alright?"

Ask Hermione to the girl in front of her. She was in the bathroom where she met Myrtel. She thought the crying girl is Myrtel but this girl in front of her is almost twelve years old.

The girl didn't answer. She sat beside the little girl. She couldn't touch the girl, she wants to comfort her but couldn't. The little girl stops crying. She follows her but the little girl stop.

She looks horrified but why?

She looked behind her. It was a mountain troll. The troll attack the little girl. She couldn't do anything to save her until the same two boys came then save her.

End of dreams

Slowly she opens her eyes. She was in a heavy sweat.

what happened next after that?

She wanted to know what happened after the boy saves the little girl.

Did they win?

Did they successfully save her?

She doesn't know!

Every dream is like an episode. An episode of another life somehow?

That little girl is calling her.

She knows that girl deep inside her heart and mind but who is she?

All students were gathered outside the school. It was there Care of Magical Creature Class. Hermione was more than excited though she already met magical creatures taken care by the MACUSA the feelings of every wondrous thing still there.

"I heard we have a new witch in the class where is she", ask the big stomach giant with a large beard.

"Me sir", Hermione raises her hands.

"Ahh there she is come here", the giant man instructs her and she follows. Tom carefully watch her.

"Your name dear?"

"Hermione"

"I'm Hagrid"

Hagrid?

Why does it feel familiar? but if she remembers correctly Hagrid was the surname of a wizarding family. 

"Now Hermione, do you know this creature?", Mr. Hagrid points a creature an inky black with a body of a horse and ahead of an eagle.

"A hippogriff", she answered.

"Correct now can anyone tell me what is the right behavior when you met this creature?"

Two-person raise their hands. It was Tom and Hermione.

"A competition eh!, let's give an honor to the new student's Tom", Rubeus said.

"When Humans approach Hippogriffs, proper etiquette must be maintained to avoid danger. Hippogriffs are intensely proud creatures, and an individual must show proper respect by bowing to them, and waiting for them to bow in return before approaching. Eye contact should be maintained at all times, without a single blink. The Hippogriff should be allowed to make the first move, as this is polite. If offended, it may attack. Hippogriffs are tamable, but only by experts in their care"

"Splendid 10 points for Griffindor now anyone wants to try for a ride?",

Everyone step back except Tom and Hermione. They didn't notice their classmate step back.

"Tom?"

Tom never ride the creature but if he follows instructions it would be easy to tame the creature.

Hermione on the other hand had already ridden the creature before.

Tom slowly walks towards the hippogriff.

"Remember Tom, take a bow first and wait for the hippogriff bow to you and eye contact remains"

Ridiculous!

Why would he bow first?

The creature should bow to him.

He's an heir of Salazar for goodness sake.

Right then Tom decided he would hate the creature.

Tom doesn't have a choice and bows his head. The creature looks at him, the creature must have sensed something. Minutes pass but the creature didn't bow.

"Well how about Hermione?", since the creature didn't bow to Tom it was Hermione's turn.

"Still good Tom, next time, Five points for Slytherin"

There would be no next time!

He curses.

Hermione walks toward the creature but suddenly a strange thing happened that made Mr. Hagrid and every student shock.

The Hippogriff bow before Hermione could.

"Fascinating", said Mr. Hagrid. The creature walks towards Hermione and lays it's back as if it is asking her to ride him.

Hermione looked at Rubeus for permission. Mr, Hagrid give her a nod saying yes.

She sat on it's back and with a powerful force, the Hippogriff fly in the sky.

How did she do it?

Tom was puzzled. The hippogriff is tameable but only if the person is an expert like Mr. Hagrid. He admit his not an expert on some magical creature but he knows every creature.

You surprise me everyday Hermione Perquiry!

It was not a surprise to her when a creature was the first one to act. In fact, every time she met one they were the first ones to make move. It was like she was a natural tamer without doing anything.

The Hippogriff flies her towards the sky then drops to the lake and glides on the castle before they go back on the ground.

Hermione gets down on the creature. Everyone was still in shock even Tom but he masked them.

It looks like he failed the class.

It feels like he was humiliated.

"That's astonishing, twenty points for Gryffindor", announce Mr. Hagrid that made every Gryffindor rejoice.

"Looks like Tom is not pleased", a certain Slytherin girl said.