Chapter 14: Moonlight

Most of the students are asleep except for a certain Slytherin. Will it is his duty anyway but at the same time, he takes that as his advantage. He just came from the bathroom of girls.

A chamber of a secret. That's what he called it.

What's inside?

His pet, a basilisk.

"Only a few more time before I release you", he said before closing the entrance of the chamber.

"Now all I have to do is to look for someone to take the blame when I release my Basilisk"

The night is really cold, Hermione tried to cover herself with a blanket. A certain Hippogriff came outside her window a minute ago. Without hesitation, she rides with him and now here they are in the lake.

The hippogriff seems to be playful tonight as he tried to play with a house-elf, Lucky.

The moonshine so brightly tonight, it reflects itself in the lake giving an enchanted atmosphere. Blue firefly is everywhere, a lotus flower-like in the lake start to bloom as the blue firefly dance with it. It was a magical night and she hopes it will last long.

She clutches her chest when she felt pain again. The pain started when she enters Hogwarts.

She doesn't have any heart complexion!

That was she thought but the pain is more different. Every corner of the Hogwarts makes her chest in pain. Not just that but her dreams about the girl and the two boys are keep coming more often.

Hermione looks at her back and watch the two play. Lucky and the Hippogriff.

She wondered if everything must be just an imagination.

"Hermione Perquiry, for going out in the middle of the night minus ten points", a familiar voice said behind her.

It was from Tom. The moonlight hit his face.

Will, he does look handsome!

She admits herself.

"Tom, why are you here?"

"I should ask you the same and may I remind you I'm a prefect", he gave her a smirk.

"Right, well a certain creature knock in my window, he seems to be lonely and wants to play with me and my elf"

Tom looks at the Hippogriff and the house-elf.

"I see but still you just lose points", he said.

"You know since this night is full of magic why not take a ride with me with Hippogriff, and if I remember Mr. Hagrid named him, Hippy"

Tom looks at the Hippogriff then it also looks back at him like it was saying not to go near with him.

"I'll pass", he said.

"Is Tom Riddle scared?", Hermione knows people like him. Full of pride in themselves but these guys seem to be different among them.

"I'm not scared, I have duties to fulfill and one of them is taking you back to your dorm", he explains. She looks at him if he was saying is true.

"Then why not ride Hippy while going back to school?"

Does she really think he's scared?

She's a fool, I'm a lord!

He said himself.

"The Hippogriff doesn't like me, remember what happened while ago", how could she forget that but she's with him she would keep him safe.

"You don't need to worry about that, Hippy would let you ride as long as I'm here, I would keep you safe"

In his entire life, no one said that to him. His heart suddenly beat. Hermione rides with the Hippogriff and offers her hands to him.

Does he have a choice?

Without any words, he accepts her hands and rides with her. The Hippogriff used a powerful force when it starts to fly.

A sudden fear of falling climbed on his body. He unconsciously holds onto Hermione's waist and buried on her neck.

Smell strawberry...

He thoughts. Seconds pass when he felt the flight is changed.

"You can open your eyes now", Hermione said. Slowly he opens his eyes and sees one of the most beautiful sceneries in his life. They were at the top of the clouds. The moon is full and big. Different creatures fly with them. Some had glittered over them, some change color giving another fantasy world above the sky. It was a slow flight.

Tom slowly remove his hands from her waist and try to touch the clouds. It was cold and even the night but his heartfelt warm. It was the first feeling and it scares him.

"Hold on", Hermione said before the Hippogriff dive. Tom gets back on holding to her waist and shout.

"Ahhh, were going to die", he said when he thought the creature purposely going to crash in the lake instead it just changes its course and fly slow.

Tom stare at Hermione.

What is this feeling?

He asks himself.

Hermione put down Tom after they arrive at Hogwarts.

"Hippy will fly me at my room", she said before she leaves him. Tom watches her depart.

"Tom is that Hermione", a sudden voice behind him.

"Archon, what are doing here?"

"I came looking for you", he said but there was a difference in him. Tom just ignore that difference and head to the dorm while Archon follows.