8- we're just friends

Second year

I watched potter make the front page- again. He just simply entered a book shop and BOOM! The press was all over him.

"I don't suppose your going to try and curse him this year, are you?" Ron snarled, coming up from behind me.

"Leave it Weasley" i shot at him

"Yeah, try and knock him off his broom again?" Joined in another boy which i recognised his surname as Thomas,

"Oh aren't you brave?" I snapped "accusing me".

I had enough of the rumours so I went up to the second level to try and get away. I fell on a chair and closed my eyes once I reached the second level, I just wanted to cry.

"Scarlett?" Someone asked

"Go away" i said i just wanted to be alone

"Ok then" the person said.

I looked up to see draco walking away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year i remembered to bring less bags.

I was going to sit with harry and ron again but i couldn't find them anywhere, i was trying to work out who i was going to sit with when i bumped into draco.

"Oh hi dray-co" i said, i made a new nickname for him (dray) but it didn't sound right so I'm just going to stick with draco.

"Scarlett, hey" he said, "whats wrong?"

"Huh? Nothing" i said confused

"Why aren't you in a seat yet then?" He asked "the train's about to leave"

I wanted to ask him the same thing but i just replied "i haven't got anywhere to sit yet the rumours from last year about us being together are still in people's heads so they're all scared of me"

"Oh, well... You can sit with us" he offered

"Really? Thanks"

I found draco's cabin with crabbe goyle and some other slytherins in there.
For some reason, i don't like slytherin that much, i remembered back to my first day, the sorting hat had said that I'm not like the other Mays, what does that mean?

"Who are you?" Crabbe asked as i opened the door to their cabin

"Hi I'm Scarlett May" i introduced "draco let me sit with him"

"Ohh the Scarlett May" another slytherin snickered "yes we've all heard about you, draco won't stop talking about you, annoying really, but if course we can't tell him that or..." the slytherin's voice trailed off, i looked behind me.

"What was that Alex?" Draco asked appearing behind me

"Nothing Draco" Alex said innocently.

"This is Scarlett" draco introduced putting a hand on my shoulder, i suddenly felt all tingly.

"Scarlett, this is Alex, Zabini and of course, crabbe and Goyle", i did a small wave.

"Come on, the train's leaving" draco said

"Wow draco, she is pretty" alex smirked

"Yeah, just the way you described her" Zabini laughed.

What was going on?

"So you two together yet?" Alex asked, what!? Now i understand.

"What, no way, we hate each other, those are just rumours from last year" i tried to explain.

"Oh really?" Zabini questioned "if you hate each other then why are you sitting in the same cabin as friends?"

I didn't think about that, i looked up at Draco for an answer but he said nothing

"We're just friends" i desperately searched for an answer.

"We'll see about that" alex laughed again.

A few months later
"Hey Scarlett" draco said bounding into the slytherin common room.

"Oh... draco" i awkwardly said, this is one of the rare times where draco speaks to me nicely.

"Guess what, I'm on the slytherin quidditch team!" He cheerfully announced

"Thats... great" why was draco acting so nice? Was he just happy and was telling everyone?

"You don't seem like it's great" draco noticed

"Yeah well... have you forgotten that we're enemies? One of the last times you were 'nice' to me, you spilt ink all over my work!" I grumbled

"Oh- uhh sorry about that..." draco said looking guilty.

After a few awkward minutes of silence draco spoke again

"Scarlett, I'm really sorry about everything i did to you, i really want to take everything i did and said back, i guess i was jealous because you were friends with potter. I hope that you'll understand me and forgive me" draco sheepishly said.

Again, I was shocked.