9- feelings

Christmas holidays

"So, this definitely isn't a date"

"No way! Its just uhh... bonding time, i guess"

Draco had decided to take me to a wizarding café so we could get to know each other more.
I guess it was a really big move, going from enemies to sitting in a cafe together but it was better than nothing.

The atmosphere was cosy and warm in the cafe so we took a seat

"Scarlett, I'm really sorry about everything I've done and-"

"Ok draco, you've apologised about a thousand times and I have forgiven you so no need to apologise again" i inturrupted

"Ok im sorry- oops im sor-" draco started

I laughed at his kookyness

"Would you like to order now?" Asked the waitress

"I'll have a butterbeer" draco said without any manners

"And I'll have the same please" i said more politely

"Sure thing" the waitress said magicking up 2 butterbeers

"Thanks" i said and sipped on it. It was warm and had a slight taste of cinnamon.

There was an awkward silence after that so i decided to break it.

"Soo... let's start all over again" i said "Hi, I'm Scarlett May and you are..."

"Scarlett, we don't have to start that far back you know" draco rolled his eyes.

"Ok, so can you tell me why you hated me again please?" I asked

"well... Scarlett, you really need to understand this first" draco blushed "when i first saw you i... really... i thought you were" his face was getting really red
"i thought you were really... pretty" he ended in a whisper.

I almost spat out my drink, once again, in shock. Draco was actually full of surprises.

"And i thought we could be friends... or more" draco continued, his voice was really hoarse from all the embarrassment.

"But when i saw you standing with potter, i felt crushed.

I now felt crushed, i feel so sorry for draco.

"Well draco, if this makes you feel better, when i first saw you i thought you were really cute, but when har- potter denied your friendship, it was like i had to choose, i didn't know much about what you were like so i stuck with what i knew, I stuck with potter".

"And did you like your choice?"

"Not really" i had to be honest "No, he was so popular, everyone wanted to be his friend, so i was just considered one of his fans"

"Oh... well that sucks"

"Yeah, it does"

Somehow our talk about potter then went to favourite ice cream flavour to pure-bloods then to muggles and then even to a debate about mushrooms! Soon, it was 5.00.

"Well, I'm really sorry Scarlett, but i promised my mother I'll be home by 5.30"

"Same, well, bye draco"

"Bye Scarlett" he said. I watched draco walk yo the fireplace, grab a handful of flu powder and yell "Malfoy manor, and he was gone.

I sighed, it felt soo much better to talk to draco , we were finally becoming friends! Just then, Harry came in.

"Oh, Scarlett, what are you doing here?" Harry asked noticing me.

"Hi harry, i was just with dr... just ordering a butterbeer" at least it was half the truth.

"Oh cool, same. Hey! Do you wanna sit down?" He asked

I needed to go home but it wouldn't hurt to hang around for a few more minutes would it?

"Sure"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we ordered a drink

"Hey Scarlett, you remember the rumours from last year right?" Harry asked

"Yeah why?" I wanted to forget what happened last year about draco and i.

"Well... i just wanted to say that i didn't belive anything they said, i feel really guilty that it's become bullying to you and wanted to apologise" just great, someone else apologising to me.

"Oh don't worry about that I'm fine" i tried to brush it off.

"Well i just wanted to let you know because you seem really nice and i was hoping to be your friend but the rumours split us apart"

I wanted to scream right there
oh so your blaming it on the rumours now? I just didn't want to be your friend because you are so self centred
But since im a humble person, i just simply said
"yeah same" and shrugged "Well I've got to go now"

"Wait!" Harry yelled, he jumped up grabbed my hand "Umm, Scarlett, I also wanted to tell you something else

"Yeah?" I asked

"I... uhh... L- like you Scarlett".