Garbage Boy

Hongjoong was crouched down on the steps holding a garbage bag almost covering his face, only his eyes could be seen

"Is she gone?" Hongjoong asked as he pushed the bag away from his face.

Seonghwa laughed, his bad mood melting away at the sight of Hongjoong in front of him. Seonghwa extended his hand to help Hongjoong up "What are you doing?"

Hongjoong grabbed his hand and was pulled to his feet "Well I was walking down the stairs when I saw you get out of the car and then I saw Yuna so I panicked and hid behind my garbage bag"

Seonghwa giggled and nodded in understanding. "How's the ankle?"

Hongjoong looked at his injured foot and gave it a little wiggle, "It's still sore but it's a lot easier to walk on"

"You should have texted me I would have taken out your garbage for you, I don't want you getting hurt" Seonghwa sounded like a concerned mother.

Hongjoong's cheeks tinted pink.

Seonghwa suddenly took the garbage bag from Hongjoong's grasp, "Wait here, I'll go put it in the dumpster for you"

Hongjoong went to protest but Seonghwa was already darting off down the side of the building.

Moments later Seonghwa returned, and he grabbed Hongjoong's arm like usual and helped him up the stairs.

"Thank you" Hongjoong said as they finally got to apartment 22

"No problem, I'm always happy to help, just text me" Seonghwa said waving his phone at Hongjoong.

Seonghwa went to walk away but Hongjoong stopped him, "Have you had dinner yet?"

"Huh?" Seonghwa turned back around, he wasn't expecting that.

"Dinner, have you eaten yet? I'm making pasta and I think I may have made too much if you wanted to . . to come eat with me?"

Seonghwa's heart skipped a beat

"You can think of it as 'thanks' for driving me back and forth to uni all week" Hongjoong said beckoning Seonghwa inside

"Well I guess if you made to much...I'm happy to join"

Seonghwa stepped inside and a delicious scent of herbs invaded his nose. "It's smells delicious!" Seonghwa exclaimed as he followed Hongjoong into the kitchen.

There were vegetables and other ingredients all over Hongjoong's bench and a larger pot was steaming on the stove. It was clear that Hongjoong had been hard at work.

"Come here try this" Hongjoong said as he grabbed Seonghwa's arm pulling him to the cook top.

Seonghwa stood beside Hongjoong in front of the cook top. Hongjoong picked up a spoon and scooped out some of the sauce. He lightly blew on it to cool it and then put it up to Seonghwa's mouth. Seonghwa opened wide and then took the contents of the spoon in his mouth.

"Mmmm! This's really good!" Seonghwa said as his taste buds were taken over.

"Thank you" Hongjoong said looking proud, as he took a spoonful for himself

"Do you like to cook?" Seonghwa asked as he lent back on the counter

"When I'm in the mood. Sometimes I'll see a recipe and then I'll buy the ingredients to make it myself. Pasta is one of my signature dishes though so I make it often"

"Invite me every time you make this! Ahhh it's so. . ." Seonghwa chef kissed ". . Tasty!"

Hongjoong stirred the pot with a wooden spoon. "Alright, this is just about ready. Can you grab me the strainer?" Hongjoong said pointing at the white strainer on the bench