Thank U

Seonghwa made his way through the campus to the auditorium, looking at his watch and picking up his pace.

He finally arrived and there was a decent crowd of people mingling both outside and inside.

The auditorium was one of the biggest places on campus other than the indoor basketball courts. The outer section contained the foyer and is surrounded by floor to ceiling glass windows and the inner section which held the actual auditorium itself was made out of ornate hardwood which helped the acoustics.

Seonghwa walked in taking a program from the girl who was handing them out at the door and breathing heavily from speed walking, but glad that he had still made it on time.

Seonghwa stood near the wall in the foyer waiting for the main hall doors to open to watch the performance. He flicked through the program it to pass the time. Hongjoong was 11th out of 12 performances.

"SEEEONNGGGHHHWWWAAA"

Seonghwa nearly fell over as something or rather someone ploughed into his back winding him.

He turned around facing the culprit.

"Hey Yuna" he said recovering his breath.

"Hey Seongie!" she chimed

"What are you doing here? I didn't think you like these sort of events" Seonghwa asked gesturing at the scene around them.

"I'm here to see Hongjoong sing duh. Why are you here?"

Of course she was. Seonghwa tried to think of a reason for his presence, clearly it would be weird if he said he was here to see Hongjoong too. "I was bored. Are you here on your own?" Seonghwa asked

"I came with Hyejeong, she's just in the toilet"

"Oh ok" it bothered Seonghwa that Yuna hadn't even mentioned that she was coming tonight and had come with Hyejeong. If he had known they could have met up, well planned to meet up, since they just bumped into each other now. But then again, Seonghwa hadn't mentioned coming tonight to her either.

"ATTENTION Ladies and Gentlemen! The doors are opening now and the performance will begin once you are all seated" someone's loud voice boomed as the inner doors to the auditorium finally opened.

People started to file in and began taking their seats. Seats weren't assigned since it was a free event so people moved quickly to get the best seats in the house.

"Come sit with us!" Yuna insisted grabbing Seonghwa's arm once Hyejeong was back from the loo.

Hyejeong gave him a little wave.

"If it's ok with you Hyejeong?" Seonghwa asked warily

"Yeah it's fine" she said

Hyejeong and Seonghwa calmly walked in while Yuna sprinted to get them good seats aggressively waving and staring down people, guarding the seats she'd picked as they walked over. She was like a hound guarding her house from predators.

They were in the middle, 3 rows up from the front, the perfect spot. Not to close, but not too far either. Yuna sat in the middle with Seonghwa and Hyejeong either side.

They settled in enjoying the show. There were lots of different performances; some people did solos, some duets and others in groups. The styles were mixed as well some choosing to rap, while others sung wowing the crowd with their vocals.

Hongjoong walked out on the stage and Yuna squealed and clapped ahead of the crowd. For once Seonghwa was happy for her squeal because it directed Hongjoong's eyes straight to where they were, where Seonghwa was.

Yuna grabbed both Hyejeong's and Seonghwa's hands squeezing hard. Seonghwa squeezed back, but not because of Yuna, he squeezed because he was excited to see Hongjoong too.

It felt like ages since Seonghwa had seen Hongjoong he missed his smile, he missed talking to him and seeing him face to face. Seonghwa wanted to run and hug him right that very moment but that would be weird.

As soon as Hongjoong's eyes fell on Seonghwa he smiled and Seonghwa smiled back, sunshine filling his soul.

Hongjoong walked to centre stage standing behind the mic stand and holding the mic with both hands.

"Good evening everyone" Hongjoong said, nerves showing in his voice

The crowd responded with a hum of welcoming.

Hongjoong visibly took a deep breath to steady his voice and shaky body "I have a special song for you today, it's called 'Thank U'. You see I met someone recently . ." Hongjoong said looking out at the crowd, his head darting all around.

Yuna wheezed and choked

". . .and since they came into my life they've made me smile every day, they took care of me when I was injured, and when my heart hurt they gave me comfort . .

Seonghwa's mouth fell agape "is he talking about me? no he can't be right?"

Hongjoong took the mic from its stand and took another deep breath finding Seonghwa in the crowd, Hongjoong paused to show Seonghwa that he was definitely looking at him. He held up his arm and wriggled his wrist, a small shiny thing catching the light, he looked directly at Seonghwa ". . .this song is for you"

Even though he was far away Seonghwa knew exactly what it was, he knew that sweater and he knew it was the heart. The heart that he'd sewn into Hongjoong's sleeve for good luck.

Hongjoong began to sing, each word piercing Seonghwa's heart, the lyric's resonating with his soul.

Seonghwa's heart clenched and unclenched, his hand became sweaty. His eyes never leaving Hongjoong for the whole song.

At some point Yuna had stopped squeezing his hand, in fact she had let go. When the song finally finished and Seonghwa looked at her she was frowning . .no seething.

"Thank you" Hongjoong said blowing a kiss to the crowd and taking a bow before leaving the stage.

Seonghwa clapped his hands, the crowd clapped and cheered. Yuna didn't.

"I'm going to kill that bitch that stole my man" she said monotone without emotion

Seonghwa sharply inhaled turning to her "You're going to what?!"

A few people sitting around them passed glances over their shoulder at the comment.

Even Hyejeong looked concerned "That's a bit extreme"

"I bet you she's not even pretty, she doesn't deserve him" Yuna stamped her foot

"Yuna, that's too much! You're not even dating him" Seonghwa said putting his hand on her arm

"But he's mine, he will always been mine" she declared

"Yuna he's not some item that you can just claim, he's a person, you can't own a person"

"She's likely some bitch, I hate her. I'm gonna make her pay" Yuna snarled ignoring the both of them and fuming in her own little world.

Hyejeong grabbed Yuna's wrist to calm her "Yuna calm down"

Yuna ripped her hand out of Hyejeong's grasp.

"I AM CALM" She said getting up out of her seat causing quite the scene as she angrily stamped past people in their chairs. Clearly she was not calm.

Hyejeong followed after her, and Seonghwa although he didn't want to, did as well apologising to everyone he passed.

He tried to get out the door as quickly as possible but by the time he had finally apologised to all the people and made it out into the foyer she'd disappeared. Seonghwa hoped that Hyejeong had caught up to her and would be able to calm her down because Seonghwa felt angry, and he was sure that if he caught up to Yuna he'd probably yell at her.

Seonghwa was left all alone staring at the floor as he resisted the urge to indeed find her and yell at her.

A/n (・ω<)💕