Nickname

The lesson was super fun and Seonghwa felt confident in how much he could recall so the upcoming exam didn't seem so daunting. He also enjoyed being with Hongjoong in front of Yuna and not needing to hide for once.

"I'll meet you at the car" Seonghwa whispered to Hongjoong at the end of class "I want to check in with Yuna"

"Sure, I'll see you at the car then" Hongjoong smiled as he packed up his stuff

Everyone started filling out of the classroom and Seonghwa darted over to Yuna

"Hey" he said grabbing her arm "You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine" Yuna said nonchalantly

"You kept giving me death glares though" Seonghwa said searching her eyes

"No I wasn't" she said bluntly

"Yuna" Seonghwa said in a stern voice "tell me what's up"

Yuna groaned "Since when are you and Hongjoong so friendly? The way you two were acting it seemed like you guys were actually friends"

"Shit" Seonghwa thought to himself, had he been to candid with his interactions with Hongjoong?

"What no, we aren't friends, I've never talked to him before" Seonghwa lied, he cringed to himself hoping Yuna wouldn't catch onto his lie "we just got on well I guess"

Yuna hummed to herself analysing Seonghwa words.

"You should be happy with me . .I got him to wave at you" Seonghwa said trying to push the positives

Yuna's face suddenly swung from unhappy to happy, like someone had flicked a switch. "OMG yes, ahh what am I doing doubting you, you got him to wave at me practically two seconds after you were with him"

Seonghwa buffed his chest presenting himself as a worthy best friend. He then had a terribly brilliant idea.

"Yo Hongjoong" Seonghwa yelled across the room

Yuna squealed, but not a happy squeal, a panicked squeal "ShIT FuCk! What are you doing" she yelped her eyes widening at Seonghwa

Hongjoong also looked panicked as he looked up to see Seonghwa beckoning him over

Hongjoong cautiously walked towards the pair, questing Seonghwa with his eyes.

Yuna tried to run away and escape but Seonghwa held her in place. This was a perfect opportunity to introduce Yuna to Hongjoong, he still felt bad for his crappy behaviour from the weekend even if Yuna seemed like she was fine with it, Seonghwa knew she held grudges against people and he wanted to stay in his best friends good books. He hoped to god that she'd be thankful to him later.

"Hi" Hongjoong said in a quiet voice not sure how he should approach this interaction.

"Hey Hongjoong, I know we've just met but I thought I'd introduce you to my friend here, meet Yuna" Seonghwa put emphasis on 'just met' hoping Hongjoong would catch on

Hongjoong squinted in thought for a second before brightening his expression. "I'm Hongjoong, it's nice to meet you" he said sticking out his hand

Yuna didn't say anything, her mouth opened and closed like a fish making her look ridiculous, Seonghwa took her hand and stuck it in Hongjoong's and Hongjoong shook it.

"Anyway you're probably busy, thank you for being our teams leader today, it was nice to meet you" Seonghwa said making an excuse for Hongjoong to leave.

"It was nice to meet you too" Hongjoong said looking at both Seonghwa and Yuna " . . .you made an excellent scribe" Hongjoong smiled, he looked so fucking adorable "I'll see you next class!" Hongjoong said winking at Yuna and waving at them both before walking off.

Yuna waited for Hongjoong to be out of earshot before she started to squeal like a kettle reaching boiling point on the stove gaining glares from the people around them "I AM NEVER WASHING THIS HAND EVER AGAIN" she violently shook her hand in front of Seonghwa's face.

"You're welcome" Seonghwa said dusting invisible dust from his shoulders

"YOU'RE THE BEST" She shrieked as she wrapped her arms around Seonghwa

Seonghwa patted her back, happy with himself ..but only for a second though.

What if Yuna suddenly gets more confidence in talking with Hongjoong?

What if this moment is a catalyst for more interaction between them?

His smile suddenly dropped as he thought of Yuna and Hongjoong together.

What if Hongjoong wanted to speak with Yuna again would he have to be the go between for them?

Hongjoong wasn't even gay, so it's not like he ever stood a chance with Hongjoong, he should be happy if there is more interaction between them. Right?

After departing from Yuna, Seonghwa solemnly walked to the car park, contemplating and regretting. He slid into the passenger seat, composing himself.

"Thank you for that back there" Seonghwa said thanking Hongjoong as he buckled himself in.

"All good! You scared me there for a second, I was like why is Hwa calling me over? Aren't we meant to be strangers?" Hongjoong remarked

"I figured since we spent the time in the group today I could get away with engaging with you in front of her and I could help her out by introducing you, figured maybe she'd stop staring at you that way . . wait hold up, Hwa?"

Hongjoong giggled "Ahh fair enough, no offense but your friend is weird, but if you like her, I will too"

Seonghwa wasn't sure how to respond to that, but Hongjoong continued anyway.

". . Yeah. and well you call me Joongie so I figured I'd give you a nickname too. Do you not like it?"

Seonghwa blushed for the 50th time today "I like it"

"You sure because I can always think of something else? Seongie? Mars?" Hongjoong questioned

"Mars? Like the planet?? Why?"

"If you flip Seong and Hwa in your name so it's HwaSeong it means Mars in Korean, so Mars"

"Wow you've really thought about this"

Hongjoong scratched his neck nervously "Nah not really"

"Well I like all of them, so you can pick"

"OK. . .Seongie?" Hongjoong said feeling flustered and adjusting his focus to the road and turning up the radio

"I like that one" Seonghwa blushed

"Ok Seongie, let's go home!"

A/n Happy Jongho Day uwu
(ノ^ω^)ハ(^ω^ )ノ
Lorri xx