We need to talk

We need to talk
Ch 4

It was 1 am when we got to the hotel rooms, we were all tired, yet awake. I guess that was the jet lag fucking up my body clock. I was in a room with all the girls, 3 doors down from the boys. I put in my AirPods and played some music, trying to get to sleep. Just as I was about to put my phone down, I got a message.

*text conversation*

Ruel: hey, if your awake come down to the end of the hall. We need to talk.
y/n: yeah sure. I will be down in a minute. Should I be worried?
Ruel: no, I just got some things on my chest that I want to talk about.
y/n: yeah of course, see you in a sec

I quickly got out of bed trying to be as quiet as I could (not to wake up the girls) and ran down to where Ruel was. He was sitting up against a wall and I went and sat across from him.

y/n: are you alright?
Ruel: yeah
y/n: you're a terrible liar, what's wrong
Ruel: I'm just scared
y/n: scared of what?
Ruel: this tour. I've never done anything like this with you.
y/n: so you're scared to tour with me?
Ruel: no! Not like that! I'm just scared that if something happens with us, that we won't be able to fix it.
y/n: don't be stupid, nothing is going to happen. We will be fine
Ruel: promise?
y/n: promise

I knew when something was really wrong with Ruel because he would want a hug. And not like a quick 10 second hug. Like a hug that last so long he falls asleep. And that's exactly what he wanted. He didn't say anything but he just looked at me and I knew that he needed it.

He put his head on my chest and curled up into a ball. I held his hand and used my other hand to brush through his hair. After about 15 minutes he was asleep, and all I could do was go to sleep as well