VIII Warmth Of Your Embrace

''WARMTH OF YOUR EMBRACE''
_____________

“Y/N, I like you.”

“This is your 11th times, confessing to me, Jin.” I look away, unable to say my rejection to his face for the 11th times as well.

“I know. I won’t give up until you say you like me back.” From side eye, I can see him staring at me. Jin is a straightforward guy. The best part of befriends him is: he is always honest. I like that, but I don’t really like how he has feelings for me and told me about it.

I noticed his obvious crush on me and I wish he won’t speak about it or I won’t be able to run away from him.

“I like you too,” I look at him and tell him my true feelings. I like him, but “but I am not ready for a relationship.” I sigh.

“Danbi is waiting for me, I’ll get going first.”

“Y/N-,”

“See you on Monday.”

And I leave him, like I always do. And he will always come back. Another thing about him, Jin is true to his words. He said he will not give up, and so he will never.

He is a good guy, and I like him too. He likes me, for more than I like myself. That was the reason why I am not ready to couple with him. I don’t like it, if a guy likes a girl too much. I don’t like a guy like my father. I don’t like it.

...

“Y/N! You’re late!” Danbi opens her front door and greets me with a warm smile. On top of her head, she wears a flower crown matched with her princess-like dress.

“Happy birthday, Danbi.” I smile as I give her a small box with red ribbon.

“Thank you! Come inside, we are about to start!” Danbi take my gift then she takes my hand before closing the door and drags me to the living room of her home sweet home. I was amazed with how she and her parents decorated the living room. It was so pretty, with the balloons floating on the ceiling and a handmade banner hanging on the wall.

Besides me, there are few of my classmates and her best friends from middle school, her close relatives and her boyfriend. Unlike me who like to celebrate special occasion private and simple, Danbi likes to do it openly and beautifully. Together with the guests, we sang her a Happy Birthday song and her parents popped the confetti.

“Thank you everyone!” Danbi clapped her hands after blowing the candles.

“Happy birthday princess,” her father sneaks an arm from behind her and kisses her head. Danbi’s face beams up with the close contact and affection from her father. She is the closest to her father and to be very honest, I envy their close relationship so much.

I envy them, because I can’t have a father-daughter relationship like them.

Tomorrow is my birthday, but can I make a wish now before blowing the candles tomorrow?

I wish, my father pay more attention and love to me.

I wish, we get to spend more time this year to make up for the past years.

I wish, he remembers my birthday.

“Y/N! Have a cake!” Danbi appeared in front of me with a plate of piece of cake. She was smiling and so I smile too, with a sad heart.

Later at home,

After bathing, I went out to check if father has come home from work. When I check his bedroom and working room is unoccupied, I sigh. It’s been a week, he sleeps in the office. My workaholic father, loves his office more than he loves me and our home.