VIII Lullaby

" 𝒍 𝒖 𝒍 𝒍 𝒂 𝒃 𝒚 " ; 𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧-𝐠𝐢ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵒᶜʰⁱᵐˢ____________________。。。。♡ 。。。。

ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵒᶜʰⁱᵐˢ
____________________
。。。。♡ 。。。。

" 𝒍 𝒖 𝒍 𝒍 𝒂 𝒃 𝒚 " ; 𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐨𝐧-𝐠𝐢ʷʳⁱᵗᵗᵉⁿ ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵒᶜʰⁱᵐˢ____________________。。。。♡ 。。。。

"

I know you prepare so much for this, it wouldnʼt hurt to try, right? 😉"

Yoongi stares at the message. His heart sank a little because little did you know, he has put your daughter to sleep an hour ago.

Yoongi sighs, still staring at your encouragement messages as regret slowly building up in his chest. He should have read Hanmi the story book he bought. He should have played those mannequin he made to entertain his little princess and see her smile. He shouldn't have to think so low of himself.

Sure, the possibility for Hanmi to like what he prepared is 50-50, but as you said, itʼs worth trying. The effort is there and now it became a waste.

"Appa?" a soft voice suddenly is heard, spoken from behind the closed door. Yoongi quickly sits up, staring at the crack of the door which slowly was growing wider as little coffee head tilted her head inside.

Her round irises twinkle in the dark upon laying on the father figure in bed. She smiles and again, her soft voice calls, "Appa,"

"Y-yes sweetie?" damn, why was he stuttering. Yoongi shook his head before quickly jumps off his bed to get to his daughter. He crouch down to her eye level and pat her head gently, afraid if his rough hands hurt her.

Yoongi instantly relaxed the moment his calloused hand met the silky strands belong to his little princess. Soon, a toothy grin made its way to his face.

"Whatʼs wrong? Canʼt sleep?" He asks while still adoring the little angel stood before him. Her cute mouth pouts as she quietly nods her head. Little Hanmi felt guilty for disturbing her father.

"Mama not here to read me book." she complains.

Yoongiʼs heart soared and been chanting this is his second chance to read her a bed time story he so fully prepared, since days before you leave for your business trip.

"Appa can-"

"Can I sleep with appa tonight?"

The father and daughter spoke at the same time, except Yoongi quickly shut his mouth and let his daughter finishes. He smiles faintly. Itʼs alright. Maybe next time. His heart whispered.

"Sure." Yoongi grinned, trying his best to mask his sadness. He picks her up and closes the door before walking them to the king sized bed.

He gently drops Hanmi at your side of bed before settling in his own. Yoong turns to lay on his side so he could face his daughter while Hanmi herself has scooted closer to his side. She is now laying in between your pillow and Yoongiʼs.

"Appa.." her soft voice trails again. Yoongi smiles as he brush strands of her bangs that threaten to stab her doe eyes. He made a mental note to inform you its time to trim Hanmiʼs hair.

"Yes darling," he softly replied back.

"I found it hard.. to sleep.." the little voice trailed longer before continuing after Yoongi raise a brow-a sign on encouraging her to tell him what is wrong. "..without a bed time story.." she then batting her eyelashes at Yoongi, as if quietly asking for his favor to read her a story.

Because reading a bed time story, was not a Yoongi thing.

He had never done it before and the little girl simply believe her father didnʼt like doing it. But, she truly canʼt sleep after being accustomed to listen to her motherʼs soothing voice, speaking to her until she closes her eyes and drifts off to dreamland.

Yoongi nervously swallowed.

This is it. Itʼs now or never.

With the determination thought, he rose up from bed and turned to his bed-side table. Quickly pulling one of the drawers, he started emptying it by taking out a hard covered thin book, and a folded box together with four ice-cream sticks that had certain characters stuck on its surface.

With furrowed eyebrows, Hanmi slowly sits up and watches her father with curious mind. What was appa doing?

Yoongi sets up his props by unfolding the mysterious box just to reveal a stage set of forest with a house. He then nervously hands over the book to his daughter.

Her little hands grabbed the book and scanned the animation cover. She just started learning few, complicated korean words and read to herself 'The Tale of Three Pigs'. Her eyes looked up to Yoongi with now smiling face. She understood that Yoongi is going to read her a story.

"Appa.. is not really good at it. But Iʼll try, okay?"
Yoongi gulped. Hanmi eagerly nodded her head. Her eyes are wide open now, awaiting for what kind of story performance her father will do with all things he had prepared.

"Ahem" Yoongi cleared his throat then smile before starting off nervously and soon, confidence kicked in after seeing Hanmi smiling and giggling non-stop at his little show for her.

。。。

"The wolf never returns, so the youngest pig, along with his brothers lived a happily ever after. The end.." Yoongi sighed happily as he put down the characters before looking up to see Hanmi cheering as she does a standing ovation on the bed.

Yoongi smiles sheepishly and scratches his neck, not knowing how to respond to the unexpected reaction from his daughter.

Was that good enough? He ponders as he watches Hanmi jumps on his lap and chirps,

"Amajin appa!" then with her little arms, she tries to give Yoongi a big bear hug to which Yoongi gladly returned.

He hugged her back with equal happiness and he almost shed into tears at Hanmiʼs next word, "Appa the best appa in the world."

Send text message to Y/N
To Wifey ♡ : I did it 😭😭

__________________
the end

A/N:

I came up with new series! BTS x Daughter 😆 Each ver for every members will be posted too~

Thank you for coming to read! ❤️