IX The Tinted Window

" THE TINTED WINDOW "
ᵇʸ ˢᵒᵒᶜʰⁱᵐˢ

______ 。______

"Oh god, Iʼm so late!" you scampered around your room, grabbing a coat to sling over your shoulder before your hands get busy to pick up books and stuff them in your bag. Then you ran to your bed side table to grab your phone, purse and keys.

It was 8 in the morning and you are late to your 8:30 class. Not to mention bus ride was 15 minutes long. Youʼll make it if 8am bus arrived late or is still waiting for passengers or you will have to wait for 8:20 bus and be ready to face the scowl on your professorʼs face.

"Damn it." Realizing that you are always late to Monday morning class, you cuss loudly and quickly ran to switch off the lamp and everything, yet leaving the bedroom door open. As long as you close and lock the front door, its fine for you.

Keys rattling loudly down the hallway as you locked the door and secure the padlock on the door grill. Soon you hit down the hallway and make a turn to take the stairs. You really have no time to wait for the elevator, thinking running down from fifth floor is the best choice in the moment of urgency.

"Whoa!"

"Hey!"

You take a step back after almost crashing onto a manly figure passing by the exit door. The guy held out his left hand protectively in front of a petite girl while his right hand was occupied with McDonaldʼs cup holder. The girl behind him tilted her head and drew a smile as she recognised you. She was hugging the McDonaldʼs paper bags.

"Y/N! Good morning!"

"Morning Yooa, Joon, sorry guys chat later Iʼm late!" Waving your hand twice, you move pass them and out of the flat building.

"Thank God.." smile made its way to your face when you see the bus is still waiting at the bus stop. But, it was not for long.

The bus spewing out black clouds of exhaust and drifting away before your eyes.

"No wait!"

THUD.

You tripped and fell on the cold pavement. Some passerby gave a look while some just avoid your fallen body and continued their walking. You hung your head low, feeling embarrassed and trying to hold from cussing to the sky for a bad luck of the day.

Sighing loudly, you picked your books that slipped out from the unzipped shoulder bag and some other things that managed to escape too while trying hard to stay cool under the hot face.

Bzzt.

Your phone on the pavement vibrates, alerting you it has escaped from the security of your bag. Still feeling defeated by luck, you grab it, still sitting on the pavement and unlock your phone.

"Joon told me you might need a ride to class. 10 minutes, and Iʼll be there. -Jin"

Your face brighten up immediately. Deep inside you starting to thank yourself for waking up late and running into Namjoon and his girlfriend earlier. Because of it, Jin your crush is on his way to pick you up!

Yay!

You quickly stood up with newfound energy. Instinctively, turning to face the car window parked by roadside. The black tinted glass made it easier for you to see yourself and fixed your messy hair. Now using the window as your mirror, you fished for compact powder from inside your bag to dab on your pale face.

Checking on the wrist watch, you noted 8 minutes left before he arrived and quickly search for your eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. A minute passed by just for searching them in the mess of your bag. Mentally you made a note to visit a store nearby after class and buy a cosmetic pouch so you can keep and take them out all at once.