Chapter Ten

Thanks for your patience darlings
I'm grateful to all of you who've been reading and voting.
To those who comment too,
Kaffy loves you sooo much.

" Are you okay?" Joviana asked
The sniffing continued and the person said " go away" the person sounded like veronica and she was pretty sure it was her.
"Come on open the door, what's wrong?" Joviana asked softly
She heard water rushing from the tap and then the door opened slowly. Staring at her face to face was veronica. Joviana moved towards her and gave her a hug
" it's all right baby, you can talk to me "
Joviana said as veronica cried some more ,she couldn't imagine cheerful and funny veronica breaking down like this.

" joviana I'm tired ! Tired of EVERYTHING!" Veronica said tiredly.
As joviana wanted to ask her what she was tired of , the bell signifying the end of break was rung.

The two girls ran quickly to their class despite veronica's state , veronica was laughing now asking her if she had anything for lunch break ,she replied that she was not hungry and  found it quiet unbelievable that the same Veronica that was crying not too long ago was laughing like nothing ever happened. She really knew how to put up a tough face, Joviana thought.

The rest of the day continued normally and nothing really eventful happened and it was closing time soon.

In the twinkle of an eye veronica had jumped up from her seat and started running towards the school gate, Joviana couldn't understand like veronica was trying to hide something she didn't want Joviana to find out why she was crying in the school toilet, Joviana shrugged but was determined to find out, veronica was her only friend in the school and something couldn't bother her and she would stay calm doing nothing .

Joviana then arranged her books into her bag and walked to ss3 class to call her sister so they could go home .She stood at the class balcony where other students were already lounging, discussing and playing. Just then the guy who wanted to introduce himself the previous day came towards her and smiled sheepishly.

"Who's this one smiling for?" She thought
" we didn't get to finish our conversation"  The boy said.
"Hmm, yes"Joviana said quiet uninterested and cursing Julia in her mind for making her have to talk to this guy.

" I'm Jackson.. Jackson Ryan" he said
" ok , nice to meet you" she forced a smile.
'' yeah, you won't tell me your name ?" Jackson asked smiling , he was amused..
" ohh, pardon my manners, I'm Edugie Joviana " Joviana said nervously
" wow, nice name" Jackson said
" haa , Jackson you wan toast my sister ?" Julia shouted in pidgin , she was walking towards them.

" Julia, you ehhn!!who's talking of toast now?" Jackson asked smiling a toothy smile.
" it's question I asked na, just find me small thing I go run her for you "Julia said laughing while joviana stood there awkwardly .
"Julia, can we go home?" Joviana asked in a tired voice.

" yes we can" Julia said and Julia waved at some girls on the class balcony and they started walking towards the gate , Jackson was still walking besides them.
" let me escort you people" he said
" Jackson, na so this my sister fine? You haven't escorted me before o" Julia said
" Julie, you ehh,what of last term, I escorted
You na. Remember?"Jackson said chuckling.
"That was because you were asking me for something " Julia said rolling her eyes
They continued walking and Jackson opened up a conversation with Joviana and they soon started talking, he was actually very nice and funny, Joviana admitted inwardly to herself.

Soon they parted ways and Jackson gave her his number though Joviana knew she would never call him, she claimed she didn't know her number off heart because she didn't want to give him here.

Julia coughed mischeiviously during most of their conversation chipping in a" hmmm-hmmm" or "ehn ehn'' when she felt like.
When they got home,Joviana quickly went to have her shower, now pictures were freaking her, she was in the mood to take pictures so she dressed up wearing off shoulder gown( sewn with an Ankara fabric). Sbe tied her hair with a black scarf, then she applied eye liner, wore her hoop earrings.  After dressing up she took some Snapchat selfies then some normal pictures.. when she was done she went to wear her home outfit- singlet and a bikers shott.  That was what she liked doing - dressing up like as if she wants to go somewhere meanwhile she just wanted to take pictures

Her stomach groaned and she remembered she hadn't had anything to eat since lunch break at school,well,that meant that she'll save money. She went to the kitchen to see if she would get any food or would have to prepare something.
There was no food in the pot but julia had just prepared herself some indomie noodles and as usual left the pot for Joviana to wash .

Joviana shook her head in disapproval and got some noodles , then she made her own lunch, she then went to join Julia who was in the sitting room pressing her phone, the tv was tuned to e-entertainment a movie was going on and Joviana settled down to eat and watch tv.

After eating she became bored , then she brought out her phone and logged in Facebook, she wasn't too active on Facebook though but she opened it and decided to post one of the pictures she just took.

Immediately she posted it with a caption " hey. I missed this space "
In 20 seconds it got 20 reactions
"Ehnn ehn, facebook famous" Julia looked at Joviana mockingly and laughed.
Joviana then opened the comment section to check those who commented ,the first name was " Kelly Vybz" and the profile picture had kelly on it. He commented " fine"

Joviana's stomach began to flutter , butterflies were dancing in it." Thank you " she replied the comment and he replied " You're welcome honey".
hun.. honeyy, Kelly the fine boy just called her " honey"
She laughed and shook her head at her silly behaviour.

Stay happy.
Please vote and share🙇
Question is do you have a big sis?
If yes is she annoying ?😂