chapter fifteen

The next two weeks was not that eventful and Natasha hadn't even spared joviana as much a glance.
Joviana wondered what the queen bee was planning and if she and Nathan had settled their quarells.
Well, that wasn't the least of her problems right now, the marketing project defence was tommorow , though Joviana and Nathan had been practising for it ; they still needed to add some finishing touches so they could have good grades.
It was Monday and classes were held as usual , soon it was time for break , Joviana pulled an unwilling veronica up from her seat so they could go to the cafeteria together.
Veronica had been less withdrawn since the interhouse sport's practice but on wednesday she came to school looking gloomy.
" my dad wants a divorce" she had said and broke down in tears ..
"Gosh. .that's bad " Joviana said not sure of what to say.
" my brother has been.... " veronica tried talking but her voice failed her she was crying so hard.

" calm down, I'm not in a haste, talk to me when you feel up to it" Joviana said patting her back.

" my brother has been taking some bad drugs, he says I should tell no one about it and then he goes out at night leaving me to deal with mum and dad cursing and throwing stuffs at each other , worst thing is that they never ask about the whereabouts of Clinton( that was her brother's name)"

" sh*t!, vee, I'm really sorry all these have to happen to you "
" don't apologise, it's not your fault " . She said and wiped her face quickly , forget I ever told you all these."veronica said and stood up from the block she was sitting on .

" Don't say that, I'm always here for you. Whenever you're ready we'll talk". Joviana said hugging veronica tightly.
She had lots of questions to ask veronica and with time she'll ask them.

Now veronica and Joviana sat in the cafeteria after buying eggroll and nutri milk they made idle talks in between mouth fulls.
" here comes your boyfriend " veronica said as she sighted kelly walking towards their table.
she stepped on veronica's toes smiling goofily.
" ouch" veronica said acting like she was hurt.

" hii girls, can I join you? " Kelly said already pulling out a chair to sit with them .
" sure"veronica said winking at Joviana who was completely ignoring the whole drama taking place in her front .
" Joviana, how are you enjoying the school na?" Kelly said in an attempt to start up a conversation.
" it's hell" Joviana said sincerely " but it's all good tho , if I wasn't here I probably won't have met my friend here- vee"
" shut up e, ode" veronica said laughing.
"So, you didn't add that you wouldn't have met me" Kelly said feigning annoyance .
" sorry i don't speak french" Joviana said like she hadn't heard what he said.
" I don't blame you oh " Kelly said throwing a coke bottle crown at her.
" this one you sat with us today, did your guys ditch you?" Veronica said.

Kelly had a group of friends he moved with and they were always together at the cafeteria but today they were no where in sight.
" no oo I just wanted to say hi to Joviana the guys are playing ball "
" awwww, so sweet" veronica said smiling at Joviana who was blushing so hard.

" that was nice of you" Joviana said feigning indifference.

" okay, imma head out, see you later " Kelly said and got from the chair.
" okay ,later " veronica and Joviana chorused .
" you like him he likes you too" veronica said in a sing song voice .
" stop!!!"Joviana said smiling
" I do like him but not like that." Joviana argued .
" issokay" veronica said laughing .Just then Nathan walked to their table and stood in front of them.
" since you're done talking with your boyfriend, can we rehearse a little yunno we have defence tommorow " Nathan said in a rude tone.
Joviana couldn't beleive Nathan just said what he just said .
Veronica looked stunned too.

Oops❗
Cliffhanger😄

I finally updated. Sorry I kept my babies waiting.
Dyu think Kelly and Joviana would have a" thing"?
Drop your comments.
💚💜
Thanks for the reads and votes.
You guys are awesome and I love youuuuuuu all💜
Kaffy💜