2 : Soul Therapy

[Edited]
Caution too all new readers, avoid looking at the comments because there are spoilers in them.

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****
"Cutie Sera!" A voice yelled, cutting through the noise of the crowd, causing some to stare and give annoyed glances. Most importantly, causing me too nearly choke of my coffee as I looked up, to find an ever so excited Lilia.

She skipped over to me, and I looked behind the two figures following close behind her. There were always two behind her.

Jimin and the ray of sunshine that is Hoseok, with his strong jawbone, high cheekbones, and his perfect cupid nose. Honestly, it just wasn't fair to normal people with how handsome he looked, and to add it all up, his never wavering cheerfulness and that smile of his. It can make any girl swoon and be at his feet.

"Are you really not free next week?" Lilia whined the moment she reached me, taking one of the three empty seats at my table, Hoseok and Jimin taking the other two, "I was gonna invite you to go to a parade with us."

"Sorry," I mumbled out, feeling very aware of Hoseok's proximity as he sat next to me. The marks on my left arm acting up, and causing me to wince slightly in pain, "Hyunnie asked me after class to go out with him next week."

Sighing in defeat, Lilia sunk into her chair, as she absentmindedly reached for Jimin's hand, and they interlocked fingers. It caused a tightness in my chest, as I bit down on my lips to stop the whimper of pain, the marks felt like acid on my skin. I forced my eyes to tear away from their hands and to look at the notebook that was in front of me.

"I swear, you and Baek are practically soulmates. Why don't you guys just get together and date already?"

I knew Lilia didn't mean to sound mean or judgmental. I knew she only had the best of intentions with her words, and just wanted me to be happy. She always just wanted me to be happy.

But with the massive headache I've been feeling all day, the immense pain on my left arm, and the tightness of my chest, I couldn't help but get irritated, "Wouldn't it be so simple if I could just choose my soulmate?" Like Lilia didn't mean to offend me, I didn't mean to be so harsh with my tone.

It took her by surprise, as she stared at me with wide eyes, and I felt Jimin and Hoseok's cautious eyes. Their gaze was a warning, and it only caused to worsen my mood as I began to gather my stuff, "I'm sorry, let's hang out another time. Okay?" I forced another smile on my lips, and I already knew I couldn't fake it this time because after a few seconds I let it slip off.

I was so tired of smiling.

Lilia only nodded, as she stood up with me as well, "Is everything okay Sera? You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Everything's fine, I'm just stressed with all my classes and trying to figure out where I'm going to medical school next year."

"Wait! You're not gonna go to medical school here?" Lilia suddenly asked. I realized what I said and cursed at myself mentally. She wasn't supposed to find out that I planned on leaving, "Say psyche right now!"

"We'll talk later okay?" I mumbled, and before Lilia could ask any more questions or try to stop me, I already turned around and quickly walked away. My eyes were burning as my chest pounded painfully on my chest, as I heard Hoseok's sweet and gentle voice directed towards Lilia, to soothe her.

It only made the pain even worst.

*****

"I'm sure Sera was planning to tell us eventually," Kimie tried to reason out with Lilia, watching as her friend paced around in the café, a mix of anxiety and frustration running through her.