34: Beginning

#BLACKLIVESMATTER__________As we approach the beginning of school, some of you may have classes online while other return onto campus

#BLACKLIVESMATTER
__________
As we approach the beginning of school, some of you may have classes online while other return onto campus. Remember we are still in a pandemic, so practice caution and safety. Stay socially distance, don't gather in large crowds, practice healthy hygiene and wear a mask.
____________
Han Sera couldn't be considered living.

It wasn't as if she wasn't breathing or her heart stopped beating, no, she was still warm as the blood circulated through four her body, delivering her oxygen and allowing her to live. Brain functioned properly, by processing through it as if it should, as her body was healthy with the steady beating of her heart and deep and even rises of her chest as she breathed. Cheeks flushed with warmth, amber eyes glancing side to side to whatever caught their attention, along with the fluttering of her eyelashes and the occasional quiet breaths that escaped her lips.

Han Sera was alive and yet at the same time she wasn't.

Dressed in simple clothing, Sera adorned a plain black dress that reached her knees, the soft fabric running along to her wrist and the collar was snug around her neck. The black contrasted against pale skin, making it seem more deathly as she stood next to a bundle of white flowers, in her hands were the similar types of flowers that she clutched on too tightly, the black lace that hung from the small hat she wore shielded her amber eyes that reflected nothing but blank stares.

The noises around her seemed muted, as if she was under water.

When her mother came up to her sobbing as she clutched onto her shoulders, her body moved without her thinking to embrace her sobbing mother, a practiced smile made its way onto her lips. Amber eyes unchanging.

"I'm sorry," her voice was just as empty, portraying none of the emotions that were consuming her, "I'm so sorry."

Her mother didn't reply, unable to get words passed her lips accept the sobs that came out, her grip on her daughter only tightened.

The unspoken words spoke volumes to Sera as she  muttered once more, "I'm so sorry."

As if she wasn't part of the family that was grieving due to the lost of a son.

As if she didn't loose her best friend and brother, Sera kept the smile on her face.

Once her mother gained control of her tears and gave her daughter a pained smile and a gentle squeeze of her shoulders, she excused herself to find her husband.

Leaving Sera alone once more standing in the back of the room where the funeral was being held. Glued to the wall, watching everyone grieve in front of her, allowing their emotions to show through with their tears, as Sera stood there with dry eyes, not a single tear slipping out. Fingers becoming cold and numb from grasping the bouquet of flowers tightly.