32: Sudden Reality

#BLACKLIVESMATTER*****The words that Jimin spoke to her a few days ago at the library clung to her as the last bit of hope and reassurance that kept her seated in an empty office

#BLACKLIVESMATTER
*****
The words that Jimin spoke to her a few days ago at the library clung to her as the last bit of hope and reassurance that kept her seated in an empty office. Coldness seemed to constantly surround her, clinging to her as if to remind her, that the momentary warmth she felt with her soulmates were nothing more than that. Fleeting warmth which would only be greeted with coldness again. Yet those words Jimin told her so softly and gently pushed back the emptiness she felt:

"I want to love you," his voice was quite, only for the two of them to hear, "Even without a soulmate mark, without a bond, I want to love you Sera," his words were so sure, without a hint of hesitance, where his fingers traced her makes, it sent shocks through both of them, "No matter what happens, I want to love you, okay Sera?"

Yet at the same time the words of Dr. Bai overpowered her just as much. Maybe she should have just taken his warning, and let the unknown remain the unknown, and just fixed her bond:

"While you are indeed bonded with them, as you see through these bond strands, you can somewhat see your own strands twisting among themselves, see? Many see this and mistakingly regard it as broken or weakening bonds, but it's something else entirely. While there are strains in your soul bonds, it's not the entire reason why your mark keeps fading. It's due to the four years where your soul strands were not bonded with the others, despite you soul strands were ready to bond."

It was all for Lilia's happiness, it was all for Ji-Ho's wishes. Everything she ever sacrificed was for the both of them, and yet neither of them were with her now.

The four years she wallowed away in silence and smiled so brightly despite her marks burning her like acid was for them. Nights spent alone and suppressing her sobs, or the suffocating feelings at the doctor, she endured it all, if it meant that wherever Ji-Ho laid after death, he could at least know his soulmate was smiling so brightly surrounded by people who loved her.

Even if it meant Sera couldn't get that love herself.

"While I don't know if there is heaven or hell, or what happens to our soul after we die, but we do have souls. With constant physical contact comes with souls being intertwined, that's how we feels the emotions of our soulmates. The emotional connection between them however is not inflicted by the soul at all, but with our minds. So it's a simple concept that even though they are bonded, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are soulmates. Anyone involved in soul research actually hates the very person who deemed this phenomenon soulmates, or predestined love, because it makes it harder for our works and findings to be accepted by society."