07

it had been a couple days since nikki and shane had their big fight

it had been a couple days since nikki and shane had their big fight. well, awhile, actually. the mother was happy to know she had carol to rely on, the woman offered up her tent to share, and gave her advice. thank god for carol.

nikki wanted to convince herself she was doing okay, but she wasn't, it was the complete opposite of how she was. it was like going through the stages of grief, she's crying, then she's angry, and then she could be perfectly okay.

she hated everything about this, how the group members will sometimes glance at her with sympathy, or try to be easier on her. nikki didn't need people being soft on her, no, what she needed was to find shane in the middle of the night, drag him to the woods, and take a shotgun to his head for being a fucking cheater—

she shook that thought out of her head, nikki didn't mean it, not necessarily, she was just so frustrated with this whole situation, and didn't know how to deal with it.

rick was aware at how hard nikki was taking the situation, so he occasionally checked on her to see how she was, she appreciated that. and then there was lori, who she avoided altogether. she didn't want anything to do with her, not to speak to her, look at her, anything right now.

nikki knew that she'd have to deal with being around her, she was apart of the group, and to survive they all needed to stick together. all of that was inevitable, but that didn't mean she had to interact with her.

she spent her days with her other group mates, especially her sister and daughter. karleen knew how to give the best advice, she was the only person that's truly been there for nikki her entire life. nikki heavily relied on her for everything, because her sister was everything to her.

she also stuck to her chores, it kept her busy. and when she got time to herself she mostly spent it taking walks around the farmland, and if nikki truly felt like it she'd venture into the trees.

she spent those walks thinking about shane, he was getting more reckless, more irritable and menacing. it was getting a little scary, and nikki was just hoping it'd stop soon. winter was on its way, and to survive this they needed to stick together. shane wasn't making it any better either with his stupid speeches. god, everytime he started rambling nikki wanted to chuck a wooden spoon at his head.

she just hoped that as a group they could pull it together and get through the vicious winter, it was all nikki needed. she and her daughter had been through enough, haven't they?

 she and her daughter had been through enough, haven't they?