43

she remembered so vividly the first time she had lola

she remembered so vividly the first time she had lola. twenty-four hours of labor, and pushing, tired her to the max. but she did it, and she was goddamn proud of herself.

she remembered falling asleep with lola in her arms, and waking up to shane holding their baby. he was right near the window, gazing at the stars while he held his newborn baby daughter in his arms.

and from then on, nikki vowed to herself that no matter what, she was gonna keep her child safe, her daughter safe.

the last thing she had expected, were to be a mother in her early twenties. she expected to be a bartender for the rest of her days, never expected to fall in love, or have a child, and of course, living in a world where the dead walked.

motherhood was something important to nikki, something incredible, something she was blessed to experience. immediately, when she met eyes with lola's chocolate brown ones,
she felt the intense love with her, that immediate feeling of connection that she had to do whatever she could to protect her daughter.

even before shit hit the fan, nikki was the most protective of her daughter. she hated that her daughter was never gonna be able to live a normal life, but to them now, this is the new normal.

she wouldn't admit it, but nikki was terrified, terrified of loosing her only blood family she had left. yes of course, she has her group, but if she'd lost her daughter, she would explode, and surely loose all feeling emotionally.

her and shane then agreed that one child could do for them, but after walkers, that changed. now, nikki was different from then, with a different man, and gaining two children she had no relation to other than a connection.

but there she was, laying on the old, wooden floor, holding lola close, who held judith. lola tried her hardest not to cry, as she was horrified that she was going to die because of gareth.

rick and the others had taken care of it, and nikki hated her child had to go through that, but it was done. nikki had gained two children, and she vowed to herself now, she'd do anything to keep them safe, no matter what happens, or what's to come.

-
!gif is of nikki holding baby lola!
i've reached fifty chapters on this book, woohoo! and the reason i'm celebrating it because this chapter was not only a coincidence for fifty chapters, but what this book is also mainly about.

yes it's a rick grimes book, but it also focuses on the main other half, nikki being a mom. to me she's a fighter who'll do anything for her kids! whom are which her greatest weakness too—anything were to happen to them she'd probably loose her mind lol. anyways, love u and see u next chapter!<3

 anyways, love u and see u next chapter!<3