35

it was night for us now, and it's been a day since i've reunited with rick after the prison

it was night for us now, and it's been a day since i've reunited with rick after the prison. it felt good, i was with carl again too, and we're in ways getting back to where we started. and yes, we were constantly going low on food and water along with supplies, but i still had them.

earlier after running our asses off from walkers, we found this abandoned blue car and decided that it was gonna have to do for the night until terminus. it was officially around fall, or the beginning of summer, something like that.

it was getting a little more windy, so we all started wearing jackets, dressing warmer. the warmest i could find was a black bomber jacket on top of my red flannel shirt, so far i was okay(go a few chapters back for nikki's outfit).

night fell quickly, and i was sitting in the backseat with carl and lola, all of us engaged in a conversation about random things. i know i shouldn't be thinking like this right now, but the thought of us being in a broken down car in the middle of the night with nowhere to go sort of brings me back to last week..

"remember like last week when we i beat you in another mini spelling contest." carl reminisces with a taunting smirk as he pops a pecan in in his mouth. lola just rolls her eyes "did you know coffee beans help eliminate bad breath? you should try it sometime you cretin." she snaps back.

carl just laughs, the expression on his face shows he took pride in winning at annoying lola once again. lola joins in on giggling with carl, her eyes intentionally looking behind us, and that's when she let out a small gasp, "m-mom?"

"yes baby?" i reply, thinking nothing of it, but in reality, it shook me to the core. a group of men were near rick and michonne, two of them pointing guns at their heads. i immediately reacted for the safety of these kids, i have to. with time running out, i threw off my black bomber jacket, "okay you two, on the ground now, i'll cover you as best i can."

lola nodded without question, and got down on the car floor, but carl shook his head, "no, with two of us down there, will just risk the chances of her getting caught, and i don't want her to get caught. i'll come with."

i didn't want carl to come with me, but he made sense. "okay." i breathe out, placing my black jacket on the top half of lola, in the darkness, she blended in, so hopefully they won't notice.

a sudden bang on the car made me jump, and when i looked that way, i saw daryl being beat by two men. d-daryl? what was he doing here? but before i knew it, me and carl both were being ripped out of the car by these unknown men. a man in a bandana yanked me towards the front of the car, i felt my scalp ripping and i shouted in pain. i could hear carl whimpering. "you leave them be!" i hear rick shout, but all of it, was a blur to me.

i remember the two men pinning both me and carl down on the concrete, laughing like creeps, like this was a joke. "please!" i screamed in desperation as the guy pinned my back against the hard blacktop, and i heard a belt buckle.

fear shot through my veins, and i felt my heartbeat pump a thousand times a second, after this guy was to rape me since it was clear what his intentions were, was he gonna kill me? and all i could think about in that moment, was lola. my beautiful girl, i just hope they don't find her after this.

the sound of a gunshot slicing through the silence near scared me, i didn't know what had happened, nor was i able to comprehend it either. my mind was in a daze, i couldn't think straight, everything felt numb. one of my worst fears, were about to happen in one night. me being raped, murdered, and also, my family being in danger.

my thoughts were interrupted when i heard a shout, and gurgling. i blinked once, and my mind was back into reality. i lifted my head and looked behind me, seeing rick ripping his teeth out of the leaders neck, letting his body drop to the floor as he choked on his blood.

realizing this was a good time to react, i flipped my gaze back at the man pointing a gun at my face, whose pants were unzipped and ready to do the worst. kicking the gun out of his hand when his eyes were fixated at his dying leader, i grab the pistol and shoot at him, a bullet landing in his torso.

before he could fall on top of me, i kicked his body to my right, feeling his crimson red blood spatter on my chest. i jump up like a boomerang, and without hesitation i aim the nozzle at the dudes head, letting a bullet pierce through his skull.

this is the fourth person i've killed, two when we we invaded woodbury, one of the attackers at the prison, and now, this dude. it should feel wrong, but it doesn't, it all was for a good purpose.

"this ones mine." i hear rick growl in an angry voice, walking to the man that had carl in knife hold. a scared expression, the guy drops the knife in fear, stumbling away from us with his hands in surrender.

i ran to carl, both of us dropping to the ground as we hugged each other close. i heard the man screaming, rick was killing him in a painful way and i knew it by the sounds, i didn't look, i just squeezed my eyes shut, wanting this night to be over.

-
!gif is of nik listening to rick killing the man!