act four, sanctuary

A C T  F O U R , I N T R O D U C T I O N

A C T F O U R , I N T R O D U C T I O N.

together they fight their way out
of terminus, but is it really over?
nikki, finally accepting her feelings
for rick, notices change in his act,
forcing her no option but to help keep
him sane, for the sake of her family.

-

also real quick i wanted to discuss something about nikki! a couple things actually<3

-nikki isn't the perfect survivor who does everything right, to me she is a mother who respects her dead husband's wish and does whatever she can to protect her daughter. she's someone who doesn't think about herself often and wants to care for others instead.

-for example, when rick called shane a monster in front of lola, nikki refused to talk to him or even acknowledge him for seven months. because she hated how rick described her daughter's father in front of her
-
-when karleen died, she could've resisted rick and tried to save her sister, along with potentially getting killed or taken hostage by woodbury, and maybe her sister getting patched up and living. but she didn't, because she knew she had to live to protect her daughter. so she went over the walls.
-
the prison attack, she could've stayed and help fight but instead she fell back, got lola, and ran, when she could've helped others escape or live, and like i said, fight back. but she didn't, because she wanted to protect her daughter.
-
so to me nikki is someone who would go to the full lengths of saving and protecting her daughter, because she's the only real family she has left, and she doesn't wanna loose that. especially with loosing shane and karleen, it motivated her to protect lola, so she did, and she'll continue to.

and then shane. shane was her husband, who she loved more than anything no matter what. she vowed to love him through sickness and in health, and until his last breath. so shane will come up from time to time in her thoughts, and it's just like rick says, he thinks about shane and lori everyday as well.
-
nikki is also going by shane's last wish, protect lola, love lola, but don't shield lola. so i mean nik's obviously moving on, it's just he'll still come up into her thought process.

anyways, that's it! enjoy season five<3