Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning to find Conor already awake, watching TV with the volume practically off. He smiled at me when I rolled over to look at him.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Morning." I replied, sitting up and running a hand through my hair.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"After last night? Great." I grinned.

He laughed, pulling me to him and I placed a hand on his cheek. "Your face looks better. The swelling went down a lot. It's just kind of bruised now."

"I'll live." He smirked.

I smiled, running my hand down to his chest and he placed one of his on top of it, gazing at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I giggled.

A smile graced his face. "Last night."

"What about it?" I asked.

"Best I've ever had."

I laughed. "You don't have to exaggerate for it to happen again."

"I'm not." He smiled. "I'm serious. Fucking amazing."

"Now you're just trying to make me feel good."

He shook his head and I rolled my eyes playfully, rolling out of bed and trudging to the sink to brush my teeth. He followed, grabbing his toothbrush as well. Once I finished, I made my way back to the bedroom, digging through my bag for some clean clothes when I felt hands on my hips.

"I didn't say I was done with you yet."

I stood up and turned around. Conor was smirking at me as he backed me up to the bed, lowering me back down onto it.

He looked at me for a moment before sighing. "Not to be that person, but what I told you last night..."

I nodded, urging him to continue.

"What do you think?" He questioned.

"Could you be a little more specific?" I asked.

He sighed. "Do you want things to change between us? Or do you want to just keep fooling around?"

"I thought I made my feelings clear last night?"

"You implied you felt the same way, but you didn't actually say it." He responded.

"Do you want things to change?" I said, turning it back on him.

He gave me a look. "I think you already know the answer to that. What do YOU want, Layla?"

I looked at him as I thought about the conversation we were having. So many girls would kill to be in my position. Many of them were in this bed at one point, begging to be loved instead of just used by Conor, only to have their hearts broken in the end. And here I was, sitting in front of him as he waited for my answer. He was the one that wanted to be loved this time.

"Look, we can do whatever you want, because I still want you in my life...but the more I think about it, and the more time we've spent together...to think of you with another man really bothers me." He continued.

"You know I'm not sleeping with anyone else. You're the only one I've been with." I said, thinking an argument was about to happen.

"I know...and that's the thing. Ever since I found that out, for some reason I've felt even more strongly towards you. More...possessive."

I stared at him, slightly taken aback by his words. I never would've thought that me losing my virginity to Conor would've caused HIM to become attached. Especially not after just having a fling with him. I was always one to fall hard and fast, but somehow with Conor I mostly managed to keep my feelings at bay. Probably because of what happened with Jay.I looked around the room, at a loss for words. He seemed to start getting anxious and continued speaking.