Chapter 20

The rest of our trip to London was amazing and I was disappointed when the time came to head back home. We had been back for a few days now, and I was currently at my apartment waiting for Conor to pick me up. A music producer from Conor's label invited us to dinner with him and his wife, and we were meeting them in an hour.

"Han! Have you seen my perfume?" I yelled, leaning out the bathroom door.

"Uhhh...did you check under the sink?" She yelled back.

I turned back around, kneeling in front of the sink and opening the cabinets underneath it. I dug around, finally finding it behind a box of tampons. I froze, staring at the familiar box as I did the math in my head.

"Did you find it?" Hannah asked, appearing at the doorway.

"Shit." I cursed, still staring at the box.

"What? She asked, her eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

"Oh, no no no..." I muttered.

"What's wrong?" She asked, worry in her voice now.

I looked up at her, my eyes as big as saucers. "I'm late. I'm a week late."

"Oh, God." She mumbled. "Okay, don't panic. You've always been irregular, right?"

"Yeah, but...not usually by this much." I said, breathing heavily.

"A week isn't too late, Layla. Just relax. You guys use protection, right?" She asked.

I nodded shakily."Then I wouldn't freak out. Your body is probably off from traveling or something." She said calmly.

I groaned. "Is that even a thing? How am I supposed to go to this dinner and pretend I'm okay? Conor can see right through me."

"Maybe you could stay here and tell him you're sick?" She questioned.

"I can't. This is important to him." I replied.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked.

"I can't do that either! Then he'll be freaking out too." I shook my head. "Besides, we don't even know if it's worth worrying about yet."

A knock sounded at the door and we looked at each other.

"Do you want me to get it?" Hannah asked.

"It's okay. I've got it." I replied, standing up and brushing off my clothes.

"Call me if you need me, okay?" She said, placing her hands on my arms.

"I will." I agreed, shooting her a forced smile before walking to the door.

Conor grinned at me as I opened the door. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied, forcing a smile. "Bye, Han!"

She waved at us before we left, and I did my best to act normal.

I talked casually the entire way to the restaurant, not giving Conor any hint that something was wrong. When we arrived, introductions were made and I spent most of the dinner talking to the producer's wife, Erica, while Conor and Steven, the producer, spoke about business related subjects.

"Champagne?" The waiter asked, bringing a bottle with four glasses.

He set them on the table and began pouring for each of us. When he turned to me, a questioning look on his face, I panicked. I may have no reason to turn down alcohol, but I wasn't sure of that yet.

"Oh, no thank you." I smiled politely, trying to keep my cool. Conor shot me a questioning look but brushed it off, accepting a glass for himself.

"Do you drink, Layla?" Erica asked me.