Chapter 13

A couple of weeks passed and things were going really well between me and Conor. We were getting along, no drama or miscommunications, and we were just having fun like you usually do in the early stages of a relationship. We told our friends we had started dating(typically leaving out HOW we got together), to which Jack responded with a big fat 'I told you so'. Despite the familiarity between us at this point, we couldn't keep our hands off each other. It seemed as though our admission of feelings had sparked a whole new desire in both of us, and we ran wild with it.

It was a Friday night and Hannah had gone off to be with Anth, telling me she would be home sometime before the weekend was over. I was sitting on the couch waiting for Conor to come pick me up, mindlessly watching a re-run of some TV show. It had been a long week for him, and he requested a quiet night in to de-stress, so I was spending the weekend at his place once again.

We had been going out fairly often, and Conor had become enthralled with showing me off, which I of course, didn't mind. I had never felt so sexy and confident as I did being with him, and it was an incredible feeling to be with someone that wanted everyone to know you were his. I felt the same way, obviously, but I usually tried to keep a low profile because of his fans.

A couple knocks at the door and I jumped up, opening it to see someone that wasn't, in fact, Conor.

"Jay." I said softly. I hadn't heard from him since the night he got into a fight with Conor, and I stupidly thought that would be the end of it.

He looked absolutely terrible. Pale, bags under his eyes, slumped over against the door frame and holding a bottle of liquor. He reeked of alcohol and I started to get nervous because it was obvious he was extremely intoxicated.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly. I couldn't tell if he was aware that I was here alone, but I just needed to keep him distracted until Conor showed up, which should be any minute now.

He sighed. "I just can't believe you're sleeping with that son of a bitch. Are you still sleeping with him?"

I couldn't decide how to respond because I wasn't sure what would anger him more."Jay, you need to let it go. Move on. We weren't good for each other." I pleaded.

He walked inside and I backed up because I didn't want to come in contact with him."But you still love me, don't you?" He slurred his words, his eyes glossy.

"No." I said shakily. "We've both moved on."

"You moved on with Conor." He said bluntly, letting out a harsh laugh.

I swallowed hard and looked around the room nervously. "Please go."

"I just don't understand how you can fuck him but not me. It's not fair. He didn't even work to get you like I did. You just gave it up."

Anger swelled inside me and I did my best to force it back down.

"Can we just--just one time?" He slurred.

He was completely out of his mind and I knew he didn't realize half of what he was saying, but I still looked at him like he was crazy. He stumbled forward and placed both his hands on my upper arms and I froze.

"Please don't touch me."

That's when I saw it, the side of him I always feared. His face contorted into anger and he shoved me to the floor. I stared up at him in shock.

"If you won't say yes, I'll just take it." He said, falling to his knees on top of me and pinning me down.

"No, Jay! Stop!" I shouted, fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins.