Chapter 17

The next morning, Conor and I woke up to a beautiful but light dusting of snow on the ground. We bundled up and headed back to the city, admiring the beautiful views of the countryside along the way. We spent the morning sightseeing, running from one place to the other with Conor constantly telling me I can slow down because we have an entire week to spend here.

 We finally took a break around noon, meeting up with Jack for lunch.We walked towards the restaurant, picking up our pace as a light drizzle of rain began to fall, melting the snow. Conor opened the door for me and I rushed in, a shiver going down my spine at the cold weather outside. I smiled as I spotted Jack waiting inside for us. We approached the table and I pulled him into a hug.

"Hi!" I squealed excitedly.

He laughed, pulling back to look at me. "How are you this happy? Jet lag is shit."

"I'm too happy to be jet lagged." I smiled, taking my coat off and draping it over the back of the chair.

"It'll hit her later when the excitement wears off." Conor laughed, greeting his brother as well.

The three of us sat down at a booth, Conor and I on one side and Jack across from us. Conor placed him arm around me and Jack gave both of us an arrogant smirk.

"Bloody hell, just say it." Conor sighed, rolling his eyes.

"I told you so." He grinned. "I knew you two would end up getting together."

"No, you had a lucky guess." Conor rolled his eyes as I sat quietly, amused by the two brother's bantering.

"Actually, I had a feeling about it since the first time you mentioned Layla to me. I was sure of it when I came to L.A. last time and things seemed so different between the two of you. You aren't very subtle, bro." Jack laughed.

"Hey, I was subtle enough for Layla not to notice." He shot back, pointing a finger at his brother.

"That's only because she's oblivious." Jack replied nonchalantly.

"Hey!" I chimed in. "I am not oblivious. I just choose not to make assumptions."

They both rolled their eyes, giggling like children afterwards.

"What have you both done this morning so far?" Jack asked.

"Fucking everything." Conor sighed dramatically.

"We'll slow it down after lunch, I promise." I grinned.

"Don't forget we're going to my parents tomorrow." Connor reminded me.

"How could I forget?" I smiled. "How far away is it?"

"Couple of hours from here. Where we're staying is about halfway so it's only about an hour's drive from there." Conor explained.

"I'm heading there in the morning as well." Jack mentioned.

"Why don't you just stay with us tonight? Then you don't have to drive it all at once." I offered.

Conor gave me an agitated look and Jack laughed. "I wouldn't want to interrupt the love fest."

I rolled my eyes. "I think Conor will be okay for one night." I joked.

"Okay, sure." He nodded. "Thanks...Anna is looking forward to seeing you again."

"I'm excited to see her, too! It's been a while." I replied.

We spent the afternoon catching up, Jack opting to tag along as we took the rest of the day to go shopping. We bought some Christmas presents as well as some things for ourselves. We went in and out of all the high end shops. I admired all the items, choosing not to spend my money on most of them because even though I did well for myself, I wasn't nearly as well off as Conor and Jack were.