Ch.18 Truths and Training

Nudge, Nudge.

Izuku was woken up from his sleep by something scaly nudging his cheek. He opened his eyes to see Rías staring at him pitifully, Hungry... The little girl's voice sounded once again in his head.

Izuku stretched and checked his phone, 6:35. It was 2 hours before classes started but he couldn't bear Rías's stare so he got up and patted her head, "Good morning Rías. What do you want for breakfast?"

Rías flapped her wings when she saw Izuku get up from bed, Meat! Eat meat!

He raised an eyebrow at her, Did... she get bigger?

Izuku noticed that Rías seemed a bit bigger than yesterday although not very noticeable.

Rías tilted her head in confusion at his gaze and he then shook his head, Nah. How's that possible.

Izuku quietly changed and left the house with Rías as to not disturb his mother's sleep. He headed to the supermarket and bought raw chicken for Rías to eat. Izuku felt like crying after he used up one third of his allowance in chicken before Rías was satisfied.

I guess I'll have rocks for breakfast from now on, he thought as he munch in some rocks on the road.

*You ate common rock. Gained 1 Strength for 3 minutes.

You ate common rock. Gained 1 Agility for 3 minutes.

You ate common...*

Izuku was full with 5 more rocks and stones he found.

Why Daddy eat rocks? Rías asked as she skipped with her talons and swayed her tail from side to side.

Izuku smiled bitterly, "Well Rías. Your Daddy is poor."

Rías tilted her head in confusion, What is poor?

He just shook his head, "You'll understand when you grow up." Izuku didn't expect a monster to understand economics, much less an infant.

Okay! Rías dropped the topic quickly like any child and went on ahead of him. She flapped her wings and glided for a couple of seconds then landed before repeating the action again, seemingly enjoying herself.

Some people who were on their early walks or were on their way to work whispered between themselves as they saw Rías happily playing around, "What is that thing?"

"Is it a winged lizard?"

"Eeww. Reptiles are so creepy!"

Izuku frowned as he could hear everything in a radius of 1 kilometer so those comments didn't escape his ear either.

A girl wearing a uniform and an oversized sweater skipped towards him and Rías in excitement. She was wary against strangers so Rías got behind Izuku's legs when the girl got close, Human...

"OMG! It's so cute!! Look at those fangs and talons!", the girl exclaimed.

She had messy buns wrapped on her blond hair and wild golden eyes. She squatted on her knees and looked at Rías, who was looking at the girl in caution.

"OMG! Can I touch it? What's its name? What exactly is it? Does it bite? How is it so cute?!" Izuku was attacked around all sides by a barrage of questions and inquiries.

He smiled and answered, "Her name is Rías, she doesn't bite but you will need her permission to touch her."

The girl extended her hand at Rías but didn't touch her, "Rías-chan~ can I touch you?~"