Ch.20 Cavalry and Incident.

While Izuku was targeted in everyone's mind, Midnight finished explaining the rules, "The time limit is fifteen minutes. The point value of each member will be accumulated into one headband. The one to wear this headband will be the rider of the warhorse. Until time is up, you'll be stealing and recovering your headbands as much as you can! You cannot equip the headband below the neck. The most important aspect of the cavalry game is that, even if you lose your headband you are not out!"

Quirks, of course, are allowed in this game. That being said, should anybody attack another team with malicious intent they will immediately be eliminated!"

Bakugou made a face of a man who had lost his country.

"All right then, you have 15 minutes to negotiate your teammates!"

All the students began flocking around Bakugou and Todoroki as they wear the most outstanding in the obstacle race, especially those of class 1-A.

Bakugou had a face of confusion, "Wait, what are all your Quirks again?"

The students of class 1-A were dumbfounded, Forget class B! He doesn't even remember his own class's! Kirishima came out of the crowd and said, "Bakugou!! Team up with me!"

Bakugou seemed to try to remember him, "... Hair for brains."

Kirishima immediately rebuked, "It's Kirishima! Remember my name, dammit! Anyway, do you wanna play rider? I'm the only one who can with stand your explosions. We will be a horse that can't crumble. Will definitely get those points! Midoriya's 10 million..."

Bakugou smiled viciously.
...

However, everybody started avoiding Izuku. As there was a very high chance he would be targeted by all the teams, nobody was willing to risk their chances. Besides, the other students didn't completely trust his monster forms.

I can't blame them. After all, instead of protecting your own headband, it is much more safer to steal others headbands. I'll get past completely at this rate. I can't ask my friends because that will put them in a difficult situation either. But it doesn't matter, at the end of the time somebody will be left over. All I have to do is protect the headband. Izuku just stood there and waited for the leftovers when...

"How about if we team up Deku?" Uraraka came to Izuku and proposed.

Izuku asked perplexed, "Is that fine? We will surely be targeted by almost all the teams."

Uraraka smiled, "It's all right as long as we just keep on evading, right? Besides, I always prefer to go with my friends then joining to some stranger's team."

Izuku's face scrunched up as he saw the blinding light emitting from her. It was comparable with his skill Flash.

"Woah! What's with that face?" Uraraka asked.

"You're so bright I couldn't look at you directly. Ahem. Well yeah, I also wanted to team up with you. Thanks. We have synergy together so we can communicate just fine. Now for the other members... Let's ask IIda what he thinks." Izuku and Uraraka began looking for IIda

They found him next to Denki, Momo and Todoroki. Izuku asked, "Hey IIda! Want to team up with us? We are missing one more member."

IIda said with a firm tone, "I'm grateful for the offer Midoriya. But I apologize, I refuse. Ever since the entrance exam, I've been doing nothing but to lose to you. You're an amazing friend, but it's precisely because of that, that if I only follow you I'll never grow myself."