Eighteen

Some kind of miracle Season three episode seventeen

Season three episode seventeen

Mark didn't know what to do, he and Derek were sitting alone in the hallway while the others went down to the cafeteria for some food

"It wasn't supposed to happen like this" Mark said through the silence.

"Like what?" Derek turned his head and asked.

"This whole thing" He waved his hands around, "Us waiting in the hall, Miranda and the chief fighting to save someone they love, Max in there holding onto every strength that she has. I wanted to tell her how I felt, how horrible I was after I told her that I wasn't going with her and how I never loved Addison, I mean how could I when Max was still taking over my every thought"

Derek watched as his best friend cried, in all honesty he wasn't sure what to do, Mark was always the 'take life as a joke' type of dude and seeing Mark break down in the hallway was so foreign to him.

"She might not know how you feel now but she felt it when we were all still in New York. She would come to me and rant about how much she wanted to spend her life with you and how you made her feel, there was never a moment that she doubted her for you and you're love for her but you need to tell her how you feel as soon as you can because you never know when you'll get another chance" Derek gave a small pat on his back, his eyes hurt from wiping away his tears and his nose was running from how much crying he was doing.

"I wish I had told her how stupid I am as soon as I got here but I was so caught up in trying to make myself believe that I was over her and that I loved Addison that I didn't see that I never stopped loving Max. When I saw her with Levi, I couldn't tell you how much hate I felt toward myself knowing that, that could have been me, this whole time it could have been me and it's so shitty that it took me almost five years to understand that, I think about it now and I wonder where we could have been, would we be married, how many children would we have, were we happy? I have never regretted anything in my life except for the day I let her walk away" And it was true, Mark often wondered about the life they would have had if he wasn't a shithead and he knew that it would've been great.