Fourteen

Private Practice Season three, episode elevenAnother Second chance

Private Practice
Season three, episode eleven
Another Second chance

The flight to L.A was a little nerve wracking for everyone, the thought of Sloan and the baby bleeding out on the table was clear in everyone's minds and no matter how hard they pushed the thought down, it still came right back up and invaded their thoughts.

"I'm very good at accepting apologies, Mark" Addison told him while she held the wand to Sloans stomach.

"I apologized over the phone" Mark told her, uninterested in the conversation.

"Telling her that you'll bring Sloan to L.A is not an apology, Mark" Max rolled her eyes.

"See, thank you Max" Addison nodded her head to her former friend.

"Wh-what is that?" Sloan asked, pointing the the dark spot on the monitor.

"That's just a shadow. That's the baby" Addison said pointing the the little boy.

"Where's the A.T.M?" Sloan wondered.

"A.V.M., sweetheart. A.T.M. is where you get money" Mark stifled a laugh.

"You won't be able to see the A.V.M. from here, that's just a cluster of blood vessels" Max looked at Sloan.

"That aren't supposed to be there and if you pop them, I'm gonna die?" Sloan asked, looking back at Addison.

"W-no. Um, Sloan, it's just a tangled cluster of blood vessels under the baby. I'm not gonna go anywhere near them, so I won't be popping them. I'm gonna go in, uh, laparoscopically and very carefully cut one of the amniotic bands from around the baby's legs"

"Then he'll be okay? He'll be able to walk?" Sloan asked, worry evident in her head.

"He'll be perfect" Addison told her.

"Well, that's what you said last time" Sloan told her.

"Actually, that was your dads fault" Max said pointing over to her Fiancé.

"I shoulda let her finish the surgery the first time" Mark smirked, looking over at Max and then to Addison. 

"Now that is an apology" Addison looked back at him.

"What is that? What is that right there? Is that something growing out of his head?" Sloan asked, pointing to the screen again.