Five

Season Five, Episode FifteenBefore and After

Before and After

Max stood outside of the hospital waiting for ambulance to come, she had gotten a text from Derek saying that someone needed her help and as much as she pressed for more information, all he told her was that they would be here soon.

She didn't expect Addison Montgomery to step off the ambulance with Naomi Bennet.

"Addie? What happened?" Max was the first to step closer, pulling her old friend into a hug.

"Don't worry" Max heard Richard say from behind the two.

The two broke apart but it wasn't long before Max turned to Naomi, "Nay, it's been too long"

"Maxi" Naomi smiled, pulling her into a hug. They pulled apart when the group started to move inside, the pushed Archer to the nearest room and began hooking him up to machines to stable him.

"Does he know how he got the parasite?" Richard asked Addison.

"He thinks he got it from eating unwashed fruit in Mexico" Naomi told him.

"He's bradycardic" A nurse shouts.

"Why is he bradycardic and hypotensive?" Max asked the doctors that were actually working.

"He's having a reaction to the fentanyl drip, stop the fentanyl drip and push the narcan" Derek told the nurse beside him.

"Wait. Derek, he was in status. I mean, if you take him off the drip and he's seizes up, there could be permanent brain damage" Addison said stopping the nurse from doing anything.

"We better hope that doesn't happen"

"Hope? That- that's what your plan is-is hinging on, hoping that- that the worst doesn't happen?" Addison steps closer to Derek.

"Yeah, I'm hoping he's stopped seizing because I know if we don't reverse the drip, his heart is going to arrest. So unless you have a better idea... push the narcan" Derek looks at the Nurse who already had it ready to push, they watch the monitor as she does but Derek pushes her out of the way when it starts beeping.

"He's in v-fib, get the crash cart" Richard yells out. Max watches as Derek gets closer to Archer and brings his fist down to hit his square in the chest. She lets out the breathe she didn't know she was holding when she hears Archer wake up.