Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Originals or any characters besides my OC. All characters and the show itself belong to it's respected owners.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
**

10th century

About 1,000+ Years Ago

Klaus laid in the field of his home, eyes closed toward the sun as the gentle breeze of the wind blew across his face, ruffling the loose strands of his golden hair. The air smelled sweet, the flowers releasing a beautiful scent that lingered on his nose, intoxicating him like the strongest of drinks. He sighed, breathing heavily as he drunk in the sweet peace that this secluded spot had brought him.

The smell of grass, the warmth of summer, the fresh breeze....it wad the perfect autumn day. Just as he was about to doze off, the sound of rustling grass caught his attention from far off. He smiled to himself, not alarmed at all by the sound of something stalking him in the middle of a deserted field.

Ten minutes later, as the rustling sound grew louder, he steeled himself for the attack he knew was coming. Like an cheetah, a girl burst from the tall grass, her bronze hair flying around her facr as she pounced lightly onto Klaus' s torso. "Boo!" She screamed, laughing sweetly as she planted her hands on his leather clad chest and smiled at him from the darkness of her waist length hair.

"Did I scare you Niklaus?" She asked playfully, her hair tickling the sides of his cheeks. Rather than responding, he simpled smiled as he gazed up at her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Flipping her over, he pushed her into the ground while he towered over her, laughing heartily, "You couldn't scare a baby Adelaide. You are much too sweet and gentle for it. You are too much of a woman to be as fearful as a man!"

"Oh really!" She said, pretending to be offended. Pushing him off her, she pounded her fists against his chest, fighting back off she was mad at him but her smile betrayed her. She knew Klaus well enough to recognize his teasing and she knew she wasn't really hurting him. Finally taking her wrists after he believed her revenge to be well delievered, he pulled her close. Both were on their knees at this point, his arms movong around to her slender waist again as his sky blue eyes met her daring lavender colored ones.

"You always stare at me so intently Niklaus, even when you do not believe I am aware. Why I wonder? Perhaps I caught your eye when i dance?" She cocked her head to the side like a bird might, watching Klaus carefully, daring him to respond. Klaus and Adelaide had been friends for years now, their friendship knowing no bounds, especially when it came to their own saftey.

Klaus can remember all the times she had protected him from his father's wrath, daring to gain a couple of slashes across her back for doing so, but never once did she wail out. Klaus admired that about her: her strength. He knew if he had an ounce of her own bravery and courage, his father would not dare a hand against him.

Adelaide in return admired his passion. He was so full of life and adventure, daring and exciting her where her usual home life was maintained and orderly. She craved excitement, something he had given her since their first meeting as children. In time, their friendship had bloomed into romance, her excitement for him turning into passion and love. Klaus in turn had embraced her warmth and life for she was his kindness, her gentility and loving hand. She didn't expect a mighty warrior from him, only a man.

For that, he loved her.

Brushing the back of his hand against her cheek, he pushed aside the braids and loose strands of hair that flowed freely before cupping it, brushing his thumb across her blemish free face. Adelaide leaned into his hand but didn't close her eyes. Reaching up with her owns hands, she cupped his face, raking back his long, dirty blond hair with the tips of her fingers.

Klaus smiled softly, eyes narrowing, "Do you wish to know the moment that I truly fell in love with you?" He asked her.

She nodded, "Of course Niklaus."

Taking her hands, he told her, "It was the time when you had stolen a bottle of rum from your father's storage. We both became so drunk, that you danced around barefooted, crying out to fairies and pixies that you claimed danced with you. The sun had angeled somewhat right over you, almost as if God was pointing you out to me."

Adelaide laughed, "Perhaps you were simply TOO intoxicated."

Weaving his fingers into her hair, he leaned into her so there wasn't but a silver of air between their parted lips as he whispered, "Then i never want to become sober, becauss you love, are the most beautiful creature i have laid my eyes upon."

That was when he kissed her, long and slow as he laid her back gently into the grass. It was gentle at first, hesitant, but as both grew comfortable with it, the kiss became more....intense. Sliding his hand under his dress to run it against her smooth leg, he brought it up to his waist as he pressed himself down against her. Her nimble fingers slipped between the folds of his shirt, pressing against the smooth ridges of toned flesh as their tongues intertwined languidly.

Intentionally making her gasp as he kissed her deeper, biting just hard enough on her bottom lip to cause her excitement. He moved down, softly biting her neck and shoulder before moving back up. Meanwhile, his hand crept along her leg, running up and down the slender thigh as he kissed her.

They remained kissing for awhile longer, neither daring to push the other too far for fear of rejection. Finally seperating, Klaus fixed his shirt as Adelaide fixed her hair, smoothing down the loose and braided strange of bronze. Both were flushed, their faces red as they exchanged shy, but not ashamed looks. Before long, the sun began to set and they watched, Niklaus's head resting on her lap as her hands formed braids from his long golden locks absently. She was focused on the sky, eyes golden brown from the last dying rays of sunlight, but her mind wandered to their moment of passion and the rush they both shared in equally.

Just before the sun settled under the horizon and the moon made its crawl up the darkening sky, Klaus looked to his beloved, "Adelaide?"

She looked down to him, eyes gentle, "Yes?"

Klaus chose his words carefully as he preceeded, "I know I'm not exactly the warrior my father desires me to be or you deserve me to be, but i would be the luckiest man living if you granted me the honor of becoming my wife."

Adelaide was quiet for so long, Klaus begun to fear rejection, but then she smiled.

"Like you even had to ask beloved." She responded softly, endearingly.

All Klaus could do, becuase he was so stunned, was smile.