28

Alex

"It's been a while John

"It's been a while John." Christian spoke as we entered the board room.

"Christian!" John Terry replied, ignoring Christian's handshake to pull him in for a hug. "God, it's been a while. It's good to see you, man."

I couldn't help but stare at John as he smiled. He reminded me of Chip Skylark from The Fairly Oddparents. Shiny teeth that sparkle...

"Look where college got you. I always thought you'd end up selling magazines door to door." Christian joked. John let out a laugh that made the dimples against the side of his cheek, deepen.

Of course he had dimples.

There wasn't a thing on this man that wasn't perfectly managed. I couldn't find a single stray hair on his head, or even an inkling of a wrinkle on anything he wore. He looked picture perfect, almost unreal.

"Man oh man, I thought you were going to end up in anger management." John replied. I started choking on a sip of water I had taken. I did not expect that.

John's eyes landed on me. "And this must be the assistant? He's a cutie."

I quickly went from choking to dying as his words had completely thrown me off. Before I could even think of a reply to that, another man walked into the board room.

"Well look what the hooker dragged in." The man spoke as he eyed Christian. This guy looked a little less professional, and a little more Armani Cologne Model. He wasn't wearing a blazer at all, but instead, just a dress shirt. It wasn't even buttoned up all the way, revealing the start of a chest tattoo.

My eyes shot from man to man to man, not sure who to look at first, or what to necessarily do. This was not what I was expecting.

"Alright, have a seat you bloody bastards and play nice for the rest of the board members." John spoke as he directed us to each seat around the conference table. "And Jack, button up that damn shirt. It's show time."

What the fuck was going on?

Jack rolled his eyes over at John, but got to buttoning. As Christian sat down besides me, I started to say something, but we were all cut off by new group of men and woman that entered the room. Immediately, everyone stood.

I guess... we were standing now? I thought to myself as I followed in suit.

"Good morning." John nodded. Whatever smiles and weird "bromance from the college days" vibes these men were giving off earlier, was completely gone. The atmosphere had drastically shifted in the span of mere seconds. I felt like I had entered the fucking twilight zone.

"Let's begin." One of the men said. I could almost barely tell anyone from the new group apart. They were all dressed in crisp suits, and had these expressionless faces going on. They must have been important considering how uptight Christian, John, and Jack suddenly looked.