47

(;

Alex

"What did you say your fathers name was again?" I leant over and whispered to Christian

"It's Bohuslav Dmytro-Ivanov." He whispered back.

"Why does his name sound like too many consonants and not enough vowels?"

Christian chuckled, and gave me a shrug. "I wish I could tell you. Everyone calls himself Slav for short."

Christians father looked up at the both of us, and we quickly pulled away from each other. "Can I fire this one?" He asked.

He had pointed to an IT employee, Cole, who was sitting a few desks away. Cole was our Data Processing specialist. When Slav spoke this words, Cole's eyes grew wide in horror. His eyes darted sporadically between Christian, Christian's father, and I. Everyone in the department looked on in panic when Christian glanced my way.

"Can we fire him?" Christian whispered to me. I quickly shook my head no.

"He uploads the files onto the server. He has nothing to do with security." I whispered back. Christian gave me one firm nod.

"It's a no go, Dad. He had nothing to do with the breach!" He called back to his father. Slav looked less than happy as he continued on with this interrogation.

The entire IT floor was absolutely petrified- you could see it on everyone's faces. Christian, in the few years I had been working here, has never entered this department of the building before. Hell, if it wasn't for his massive portrait on the wall, I'm sure half the guys in this room wouldn't have had an inkling as to what this man looked like. Not only was Christian fucking Ivanov in the IT department, but so was his father... who just so happened to be one of the founders of the company.

I was waiting to see who would piss their pants first.

"You want to catch a movie after this?" Christian whispered back to me. I looked at him like he had officially boarded the looney bin express.

"After this? Christian, I don't exactly know when this is going to end." I whispered back. He shook his head at me.

"It's a promise to ourselves that we'll do something enjoyable after this all blows over." Christian replied.

"You know what would be enjoyable? Some sleep. I mean some deep ass sleep, the kind of sleep that that has you waking up at one in the afternoon with your clothes and the bedroom light still on. I want that kind of sleep." I mumbled a little more to myself, than to him.

"I mean... that's something enjoyable we could do together." He sent me a wink, and I looked away from fear my face would get four shades redder.

"Stop saying things like that in front of your dad." I whispered back. "I'm trying to maintain composure here."