52

Work has been about a BITCH. Sorry I've been gone for a few days... But enjoy this longer than normal chapter you beautiful souls, you.
Xoxo

Alex

"What's this?" Derek asked, pointing to a metal utensil on Joan's kitchen counter

"That would be a whisk, Derek." Joan replied. "Have you seriously never seen a whisk before?"

Derek proceeded to look at the whisk from all angles, like it was some piece of art or something. "What does it do?"

We all looked at this motherfucker.

"It... it whisks, Derek. It whisks." I replied.

Joan couldn't hold in her laughter. "Derek, when was the last time you baked anything?" She asked him.

"I think I baked cookies with my mother once when I was six." He replied. I'm sure we all mentally facepalmed, but Joan physically facepalmed.

"Okay, So I'm not letting either you nor Alex near the baking. Y'all sit right on over there across the counter, and watch." She instructed. "Christian? Brad? Any experience in baking?"

Christian quickly shook his head no. "I can cook, but baking is a whole different skill set I have zero experience with."

I looked over at him. Well I guess we weren't doing any romantic baking together any time soon. As if he could hear my thoughts, Christian leant over and whispered "Don't worry. I've got a butler for that."

I rolled my eyes at him. I think he missed the point of us doing it ourselves.

"Hoookay I guess you'll join the moral support team with Alex and Derek. How about yourself, Brad?" Joan asked. Brads lips twitched up into a triumphant smile.

"Unlike these inadequate humans, I do actually know how to bake. Just tell me what you'll like me to do, and I'll get it done." He replied. Joan smiled sheepishly at his words, and handed him an apron. I'm sure there was a lot Joan wanted Brad to do, I thought mischievously.

"What happened to us reviewing documents from work, BrAD?" Christian butt in. I kicked his leg from under the counter and mouthed to him stop cockblocking.

"I'm like three feet away from you, Christian. I can multitask." Brad snapped back. Christian gave him one judge mental ass look before he started pulling out Brad's laptop from his briefcase. Joan instructed Brad to thoroughly clean his hands under the faucet while she got to taking out more ingredients. They actually looked quite cute together with their matching aprons, as they got to baking.

I noticed just how on point Joan looked in general, and that made me smile. This girl had even done her damn edges, I was so impressed. I noticed Brad had noticed too, because he kept stealing glances her way.