Chapter One: The Beginning

What am I supposed to write!?! Dear Diary, fuck that Dear thing Bruce is making me write, my name is Eri Fawn good friend of the infamous council member Harvey Dent or as many people know him Two-Face. My best friend Bruce Wayne thought it would be a good idea to get me out of Gotham while Batman looks for Two-Face. So here I sit writing everything down to send to Bruce until he gets here in a couple of weeks because he couldn't leave his 'work' at this time. I looked up to see a guy walking toward me, so I stood up and closed this journal.

He stood in front of me and smiled "Hey I'm Grayson" he introduced himself outstretching a hand for me to shake. 

I glanced up ignoring his hand, "Names Eri don't wear it out."

We both started laughing at me trying to be intimidating. A couple of weeks go by, and we become great friends. I even almost forget why I'm here, almost. After a while, I got a call telling me that Bruce will be here in a couple of days. I hanged up and grimaced but then smiled, sure this means less time with my new friend, but it also means more time with my best friend. But I did decide to tell Grayson how I feel before Bruce gets here and ruins it. When I found out that he wasn't at home I went to the spot we loved to hang out a clearing in the middle of the forest. But what I didn't know was:
1) Grayson could easily lie to anyone and
2) He was angry because his mom said he couldn't spend time with me anymore because he stayed out too late the night before.
I saw him standing there in torn-up black clothes with his fists clenched.

I stood behind him, but he said nothing, "Grayson?" No answer "While I have known you, you have been extremely kind to me and sometimes you can be extremely dumb but..."

Tears well up in his eyes I went to stand in front of him and I see his face and ask worried, "What's wrong?"

He answers, "My mother... doesn't want me to be your friend" then he grabs my hands and pulls them to his chest, and finishes "but I care for you as much if not more than you care for me."

I stand there blankly with tears in my eyes and him still holding my hands to his chest when I asked, "But you can come back to Gotham with me, we're both adults, you know."

He looks at me and says, "Your childish, no, I can't leave my family."

Grayson just called me the one thing I hate childish. I said angrily and shakily "Don't call me childish!" I jerked my hands from him and causing me to fall into a mud puddle behind me, "Shit!"

He stepped forward like he was going to help me up but then backed away looking away from me. I could tell he wanted to help me up but instead yelled "Why? Because you know you are."

Getting out of the mud I angrily yelled "Fine! Act like a child yourself, I'll be gone in a few days anyway." All my emotion melted away and I just stood their fists clenched "Goodbye Grayson."

His tears started to fall but he just clenched his jaw ignoring the tears "Goodbye."

I ran through the woods back towards the house I was staying at my fists clenched I just wanted to punch something. I felt like eyes were watching me when I reached the edge of the woods. I don't know what happened next, I just know I was taken to some kind of prison where I met J.