Chapter Six: Lost

...I have to get back to Bruce and Grayson.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Riddler and Harvey talking.

As soon as Riddler saw me he asked, "What's she doing here?"

Harvey answered, "She is my new roommate."

"What happened with J?"

Harvey sighed and looked at me before answering "He attacked her."

"I'll deal with him later." Riddler said before leaving.

Harvey locked the door and said, "Now where were we?"

I shrugged and said "m...maybe later I'm g...going to take a shower."

I got in the shower turning the cold water on first then just a little bit of hot water. I started to let my mind wander to Jeremiah. 'I don't hate him, but I am mad at him. Though he is just down the hallway I feel like he's miles away and it hurts my heart to think he is so far away.'

 I remember him saying, "we can only trust each other."

 'Trust what does that word truly mean I always felt as if he was keeping something from me maybe I should go visit him after I get done in here or maybe just blow off some steam in the training room' I decided to do both before getting out and getting dressed. I left the bathroom and found Harvey on the couch watching TV

"I'm going to the training room" I say heading toward the door.

Harvey got up rather quickly and asked "Why?" while walking closer to me.

"I want to punch something." I answered.

"Or someone?" Harvey smirked and continued "Hit me."

"I don't want to hurt you." I said in confusion, why does he not want me to leave? I backed away and ran into the couch.

He came closer and grabbed my hand balling it up into a fist and putting it against his chest, "You will only hurt me if you leave."

I didn't know what to do this reminded me too much of Grayson and on one hand, I did want to hit him for everything he has done but on the other hand, I didn't, thinking about the happy memories. I don't know if it was because he reminded me of Grayson or the past, we had together but I wrapped the arm he wasn't holding around his neck to pull him down to my height and was centimeters from kissing him when someone knocked on the door.

I backed away Harvey help tight to my hand, I had to jerk it away from him and opened the door Riddler stood there in silence then finally said "Jeremiah Valeska and Harleen Quinzel are missing."

I glanced at both of them Harvey was irritated but Riddler was worried.

I walked out into the hall and asked, "What do you mean?"

Riddler looked at me and said "I went to confront him about what happened, and he wasn't there. I got the other Arkham Knights to look for them, but they couldn't find them anywhere, but they wouldn't have ran because nothing is missing in their rooms."

I paused trying to process everything then said, "Can I go l...look around mine and J's room."

Riddler nodded and led me that way once there I looked around for one specific thing. I found it a Batarang with what looks like blood on it.

I turned to Riddler and ask, "Is there a lab here?"

He nodded and led me that way while walking he said, "Harleen's room is a lab she is big about science mainly psychology."

I nodded and asked "D...do you know much abo...ut Two-Face"

He thought about it for a minute then said, "I'm sorry about everything I'm about to say because I know the two of you are close but it's all the truth," he hesitated for another moment then continued "Two-Face is an ex-criminal his crime was assault and murder." He hesitated again for a moment this time with a saddened look "I don't want to hurt you but...." he finished quickly "Everything he does is a game to him people are pawns he cares about no one."

We reached the lab I said thank you. I went in and ran the Batarang for fingerprints while waiting I looked around and saw a laptop open, I asked Riddler if he knew anything about it, he said "It's Harleen's personal computer where she keeps her observations." 

"Maybe, it has something in it about where they could be." I started looking through it Riddler came over and leaned over me I looked through it and found a file named
"For Harvey Dent concerning Jeremiah Valeska."

I read it out loud "Harvey h...has come by today to ask for the s...serum I had it done and r...ready the serum will make Jeremiah do anything and everything he t....thinks about." I stopped reading and asked, "Did y...you know about this?"

He answered, "No, if I did, I would have told you and warned Jeremiah."

I could see true honesty in his eyes something I hadn't seen in a long time I stood up and closed the laptop to check the scan there were four fingerprints and one person's blood the scanner only had information on the Arkham Knights though.

I read out loud "f...fingerprint scan 1 m...mine because I carried it here without g...gloves scan 2 and 3 un....unknown scan 4 Jeremiah Valeska blood scan 1 Harleen Quinzel"

Riddler stated, "So Jeremiah held the Batarang along with two others and it hit Harleen."

We heard someone walking toward us I grabbed the laptop and the Batarang and hid them behind my back and Riddler started to wrap his arm around me but then looked at me and I nodded, and he continued to wrap his arm around me.

 Harvey walked in and saw us together and said "Sorry, didn't realize anyone was in here," then locked eyes with me but talked to Riddler and asked, "Was you two doing something?"

Riddler looked at me in a way that gave me butterflies and answered "Maybe." I knew he said it how he did to bug Harvey make him think we were doing something more than working. I had to help so I put my head on Riddler's shoulder even though I could tell I was blushing. Now Harvey just seemed irritated even more than earlier.

 I decided to finish it all by saying "After a...all Riddler is k....kinder, politer, and more honest than you ever were." He was taken back by my words but that quickly changed.

He was extremely irritated and extremely angry. We left and I could feel Harvey's eyes watching us a single tear slipped from the corner of my eye and his words came back to me 'You could only hurt me by leaving.' 

I asked, "Hey R...riddler is there anywhere we could go?" He nodded and answered "How about McDonald's" I nodded.

 That's where we are right now, he is getting food and I'm writing everything down. There is something I will write but will never tell anyone one of the unknown fingerprints is Bruce Wayne's I know this because Batman is the only one with Batarangs the second one is the new sidekick Nightwing.