Chapter Two: A Surprise And A Promise

......where I met J.

I woke up with him leaning over me, my clothes are still covered in mud. We were put in the same cell. He helped me up and asked my name.

"Eri" I answered then asked, "What's your name?"

He answered cryptically "Does my name really matter, a name is just a word, that you call someone that you know, someone who doesn't have a title like mom, dad, sister, brother......boyfriend, girlfriend. Darling just call me J."

I got a weird feeling around him but who wouldn't have a weird feeling after being kidnapped.
I knew he wouldn't know but asked "Do you know where we are?"

He sighed and answered, "I wish I did."

Then he asked me about my muddy clothes, and I told him everything about the fight with Grayson. Then he told me how before being taken that he and his girlfriend Harleen had gotten into a similar fight. 

Then someone by the name of Riddler walked into the light right in front of the cell that was the only light and said "Good, my two new apprentices are finally awake."

I looked at J just to see him looking back at me in the same questioning way.

Riddler enthusiastically said, "I know you both have your 20 questions to ask but not right now I want you both to meet two special people." 

With that, a blond nurse walked to his side out of the dark and kissed him on the cheek. Beside me, J sprung up and loudly screeched "Harleen"

She looked at him and smirked and then looked at me and said, "Don't worry we have a surprise for you too."

My only thought was 'Don't let it be Grayson.'

With that my old friend Harvey Dent walked out of the shadows I angrily whispered "Dent."

J gave me a confused look at first but then grabbed and held my hand. Probably seeing that I was about to reach through the bars and strangle Dent. A little bit later we're eating in the same cell I'm writing all of this when I looked up and saw J shaking and curled up into a ball, I went to sit beside him and put my head on his shoulder he held my hand and said, "While we're here we can only trust each other." I nodded silently agreeing. He wrapped his arm around me.