Chapter Nine: I'm Sorry

.......The rest of the ride was silent instead of Riddler telling Alfred directions to the place.

We finally reached the building I was surprised to see it was just an abandoned hotel that I was locked up in for three months. Everybody got out and went separate ways. I went around the back and snuck into a window. I was in a kitchen on the counter was an old newspaper introducing The Flash and Speed Demon. I was never able to believe that me and Barry became heroes after being hit by lightning. But now I refuse to use my powers and he is Savitar because of our power and friendship. I took it and kept going. I walked down a long dark hallway with my bow set when I heard footsteps heading my way. I hid in a nearby room some people passed by. Once they were a little way away from the doorway, I was in I stepped out and shot one with an arrow the second one started to aim for me with the gun he was holding one bullet hit my arm then I shot that person too. I went to see who they were, but I didn't recognize them. I kept going staying in the shadows making my way toward mine and J's old room. Once I got there, I realized my arm wasn't hurting any longer I whispered to myself "F..uck, my p...owers are coming back and my stutter is going to start d...isappering."

I went into the room and found the room was destroyed J standing in the middle of it all "J?" I whispered

He turned around to face me and said, "I'm sorry, Eri." and left.

I whispered, "It wasn't your fault." but J was already gone.

I left and went toward Harvey's room sticking to the shadows once again. I entered the room, Harvey was standing in the middle of the room. He hadn't noticed me so I closed the door and stayed in the shadows, but Harvey said, "Would you choose me or Jeremiah?"

I answered again, "I d...on't know."

Harvey came closer and said, "Don't think it as Jeremiah or me think of it as what we have done to or for you."

My mind flickered back to just a couple of days ago of J hurting me and Harvey helping me. I stuttered "I st...ill don't know."

He still came closer almost backing me up to the wall I aimed an arrow at his heart which with how close he was, was extremely difficult to draw back the arrow.

"Riddler said I use people as pawns but I'm not the one who does that he does."

I stood there you could tell I was breaking in my eyes, but I didn't show it any further than that I couldn't. "No, he d..oesn't, he actually cares about people."

Harvey shook his head and came closer backing me into the wall but not trapping me I couldn't draw the string any longer, so I put my bow away and just held my arrow like a knife.

"You have gone through so much first being Speed Demon then getting that stutter as a result of hiding your powers then moving back to Gotham your childhood home then all of this happened. you know I told Nygma that you have gone through too much to handle being an Arkham Knight."

I was confused was Riddler's real name Nygma? Harvey trapped me between him and the wall my arrow against his chest both his fist against the wall on each side of my head.

"You used to take care of my wounds, now you want to kill me, go ahead do it." he said the last part teasingly he knew I wouldn't.

I knew his plan was for me to let down my guard and I knew there was no other way out. What else could I do? I dropped my arrow and kissed him his lips were coated with an invisible substance that made me pass out. I hit the floor with the last thing I said was "I love you, Harv......"

*Time Skip*

When I woke up, I was lying on the floor in Harleen's room in front of me were J and Harvey tied to chairs back-to-back. Harleen's voice echoed through the room "Choose one to cure then leave."

'I can't choose they both have hurt me, they both have helped me. It would be like choosing between Grayson and Bruce. I loved them both. Harvey is a childhood friend and J is a new friend.' I remember just a couple of days ago Harvey had "poisoned" J to do things he wouldn't on his own. Now J continuously apologizing for something he didn't have a choice about. Is that the real Harvey the one who will do anything to get what he wants but those things he told me in that room I don't know how long ago what if that was him and he has been under Harleen's control this whole time but J he has kept secrets, he has lied, he has hurt me but most importantly he has cared and took care of me.

I walked over to Harvey "I love you b..ut you have h..urt me so many times." 

I then walked around to stand in front of J and took the cure out "B..ut everyt...ime I was down you would help me back up." A single tear slipped out of under my mask I injected the cure into J's shoulder.

His eyes flickered open then looked at me "Eri" his voice was hoarse. I untied the ropes and helped him stand up. J wiped away the tear and said, "I'm sorry."

I looked at him he was looking at his hand that was caressing my cheek I put my hand against his hand and asked, "For what?"

"I..."

"T...hat wasn't your fault it was Harvey's."

He pulled away "For making you choose."

I shook my head "That wasn't your fault it was Harleen's"

Harleen's voice echoed again "It's time for you two to leave, now go."

We both headed to the door I took one last glance at Harvey and whispered, "I will come back, I promise." Then left with J.

Me and J ran down the hallways when we ran into three more guards. I readied an arrow and J took out his dual knives, we were at the top of a staircase they were at the bottom meaning we had an advantage point, I shot an arrow into the back of the first guard then we both jumped down J's knife going through the head of the second guard, my arrow hitting the third while I was midjump. But when I landed, I stumbled backward and hit my leg on something sharp the first guard wasn't dead like previously thought he had stabbed my own arrow into my leg. I pulled it out and kept running with J, but I fell. J picked me up carrying me on his back and kept running. We ran into Drake my vision wasn't great, actually, it was blurry, but I could feel Drake taking me from J and carrying me bridal style.

The rest of the way I heard arguing here and there things like J arguing "Let me carry her."

Drake arguing "You almost dropped her why would I let you carry her."   

"I did not."

"Anyways she's probably a lot more comfortable in my arms than slung over your back."

It was true I was more comfortable in Drake's arms, but I was worried my fast metabolism wasn't healing my leg, could I have lost my powers after not using them for so long? Finally, we were back outside with the rest of the team. I could tell everybody was worried even if my vision was blurry and I was getting a really bad headache.

I heard Bruce say, "Get her in the car Alfred can stop the bleeding at least."

Jason sounded like he was far away, but I could hear him yelling "Guys, you might want to hurry."

I looked in the direction he was facing ten to twenty guards were coming out of the building. Everybody got in the car and Bruce drove as fast as he could, like most times, while driving away we heard gunshots and I knew it was Harvey.