Chapter Twelve: Plan B

....'That was strange.'

I walked inside to find J and Barry arguing about something and everybody listening. Now, I know why Drake was acting strange. I went to the next room staying where I could hear them, but they couldn't see me.

J said, "She is completely stable mentally, and emotionally."

So, they are talking about me.

Jason was the next to speak "When I asked her about her having a scar, like Barry's, she went from completely fine to extremely angry."

Oliver argued back "Yeah! But she had a reason to be angry in that instance."

Barry was getting angry "Her emotions change out of the blue and you all don't see it, but she is always feeling lonely even though she has all of us."

Bruce sighed "It's been like that since we were young. The year before my parents died, she just started to be depressed all the time, and then when they died, she stopped showing it even though we are the same age she saw herself as someone that needed to be strong for me and that she had to protect me... Nobody is going to tell her that I told them though." 

I stepped out of the room and into the hall. "Well, no one has to tell her because she's right here."  and turned to J, and Oliver "Thank you for standing up for me."

Bruce said, "I'm sorry, but find me later if you want to talk about it."

Everybody went their own ways. Leaving me and Oliver standing together.

"Why did you stand up for me?"

"I knew that you can't control the emotion change. Anyways Barry shouldn't have brought it up in the first place."

"Why did he bring it up?"

"We were talking about what we are going to do next then he said something about how we have to keep an eye on you because of it."

"Maybe he was right."

"He wasn't."

"But..."

Oliver cut me off "But nothing, you always care what others think of you, you shouldn't because only your opinion matters."

"I don't care what anyone else thinks."

"You know you do especially Barry."

I left and went to my room I could feel tears starting to form. Once, inside I wanted something to punch and the first thing I saw was the wall I punched it and instantly regretted it. Now my hand and my feelings were hurt. I sat in my bed hugging my pillow and crying. Why am I so upset? Was it what Ollie said or is it because I know it's true? I let so many people's opinions affect my own Bruce's, Barry's, Jason's, Grayson's, Drake's, Ollie's, Harvey's, Riddler's, and J's. After sitting there for a long time, I heard a knock on my door. I got up and opened the door. It was Drake I quickly turned around so he wouldn't see I was crying.

"I'm sorry about earlier I know I was acting strange but..." he grabbed my wrist and turned me around so he could see my face, "why are you crying?"

I tried to pull away, but his grip was too strong he just repeated himself in a calm but angry tone, "Tell me why you have been crying."

"Someone hurt my feelings," I said trying to be vague.

"Who?"

I finally got out of his grip, but I stumbled backward and of course, he had to catch me instead of just letting me hit the floor and we were back where we started.

"Now, I asked who."

I opened my mouth to answer but before I could I heard Alfred yell "Dinner is ready."