Author's Note

I'm not usually an epilogue kind of person, but I've been trying to plot and plan some final chapters with this big finale and Loren's confrontation with her family, and I just haven't been able to make it work.

I don't know if it's because I tend to have a harder time focusing on writing while I'm working (teaching 5th grades basically takes up all of my brain capacity), or if in the back of my mind I really just wanted an abrupt, sort of (hopefully) surprising ending, and I felt as if writing those scenes would lead up to Loren leaving in a more open way that what I imagined. Either way, the epilogue is here to close out this story of Loren and Isaac.

There will be editing done to this story, for sure! And maybe in those edits I'll be able to craft a way to end this story better (because I'm definitely not a fan of this epilogue- it does feel lazy on my part). So, if you read this story and enjoy it, but find yourself disappointed by an ending that isn't necessarily that well-crafted, please know I am endeavoring to do better! It can just be immensely challenging to write in the way I want to write when school is in session, and writing takes a backseat to a million other things on my mind.

But anyways- enough excuses. If you do read this story and enjoy it, please know I appreciate you so much! I've been writing for as long as I have a memory of life, and it has always been, and will continue to be, a goal of mine to write something that other people get to experience and enjoy. If you are one of those people, thank you so much!

I'm not necessarily sure this is the end for Loren and Isaac- but we'll see where the future takes us!