Chapter 3

***Sarah's P.O.V ***

I don't know what else to do now. I don't have any money left to rent another place or go back to the UK. I couldn't believe how stupid I was. What do I do now? Tears started to flow continuously as they drenched the collar of my shirt. The wind became quite chilly and I curled up and decided to visit the university early the morning in a hope that someone there might help me.

Shit! It started to rain!! It had to!!! The rain never leaves me alone. I might leave the old gloomy wet Brighton but it didn't leave me. This place feels ten times much darker and gloomy. I tried to hide under the tree and took out a big scarf from the suitcase trying to cover up my head. I felt as if the same set of eyes are watching me and I swiftly turned my head towards the upstairs of the mansion where a window on the curved right wing which was opened is suddenly shut now.

A few minutes later I heard some rustling of the leaves followed by footsteps and I clenched my suitcases close to me as I picked up a wooden cub ready to face off the incoming danger.

To my surprise, a small light was lit and I saw the old guy coming towards me.

"Miss come inside, it looks like it's going to rain all night" he offered to carry my suitcases.

"Thank thank you Sir" I barely uttered those words.

There's a thick hot pink carpet laid from the entrance door all the way up to the stairs in front. On either side is the blue and white tiled floor which turned to a pair of hallways. The inside of the house was well lit and maintained enough than outside. There are two flower vases one either side of the stairs and some colorful paintings on the walls which brought a small smile to my face seeing something pleasant in the dark day I had today.

I silently followed the guy towards the curvy left side hallway and in the end there is a bedroom.

"Miss, considering your situation, you can stay here for a while but we have some conditions more like rules in this house and you have to oblige them if you want to stay here," the old guy said with a blank face and stern voice.

"Yes Sir, thank you so much I promise you to pay rent at the month-end once I get my salary," I said.

"First, no one except me enters the upstairs. Second, you have to be back here by dusk and third the estate grounds are off-limits at night." He continued "If you think you can follow these rules then you are welcome to stay here" 

Normally here I should wonder what the fuck is wrong with this place and run for my life. But strangely enough, I felt relieved that my broken ass is saved for now somehow. I nodded in approval silently.

"Here is some tea and if you need some food you can find the kitchen at the half way and side and if you need anything else I stay at the end of the right hallway" the old guy withdrew from my room in seconds.

The room is huge. Like really huge. It would fit a family of four. There's a huge master bed inside which looked damn vintage and expensive. The windows were huge almost the size of doors in my old house in Brighton covered with white curtains. There's a dressing table adjacent to the wardrobe on the other side of the bed. I just grabbed my pajamas and wrapped a towel around me and entered the attached bathroom. The bathroom actually looked like a new addition to the old-looking place with an Italian bathtub and taps and sinks. I just let the hot water run and soaked myself in the bubble bath thinking of the crazy-ass day I just had. 

I still couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was watching me. 

*******
Please vote vote vote comment comment comment it means a lot <3 LK