Chapter 18

*** Sarah's P.O.V ***

We arrived at the Caryl grib which is a couple of miles away from the centre but still, the university is at an accessible distance. The house is a two-storied one and the backyard has a small pool and from the fence, it extended into the forest. It has a cozy feeling given that a family used to live here previously. I was welcomed with a bright smile by John and Becca whom I met last time at the cinemas. A beautiful blonde girl whom I never met is standing in the background and I threw a glance at Cody about her. 

"Ah, Sarah you remember my mate Stephan-O right?" asked Cody. 

"The vampire guy?" I chuckled. 

Cody let a big laugh and proceeded to say "This is Rosanne, Stephan-O's step-sister"

I bit my lip for my stupidity, I just called this girl's brother vampire guy. I should be digging a hole right now before facing her again. 

"At least we can all agree that my brother's a bit of a maniac" Rosanne extended her hand for a handshake laughing. 

"I.I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way" I apologized. 

"No worries mate, we all know about Stephan-O" John patted on my shoulder comforting me. 

"I've been just away for ten minutes and seems like you guys are already missing me?" a handsome bloke with blue eyes and black hair entered the room. 

"Speaking of the devil" Becca giggled. 

"This is Stephan-O the infamous Vampire guy," Cody said putting stress on the last words sarcastically. "This is Sarah Jones mate" Cody added. 

"Oh you are the birthday girl, happy birthday mate" Stephan pulled me in a hug raising me up to his height as I was literally swept off my foot. 

"Vampires are for real by the way," Stephan said putting me down while a mischievous smile played on his lips. 

Cody and his mates arranged a small party in the evening both as a housewarming party, my birthday party well mostly a party to get wasted.

The party was loud and there are lots of people probably Cody's uni mates. After drinking around together Cody and his mates all disappeared into the huge crowd while I made my way towards the pool in the backyard. There I met someone I never ever expected to meet here.

"Lei, what are you doing here?" I cried in awe. 

"What are you doing here?" She stressed on you. 

"I..I just moved into this house," I said.

"That's great! Finally, you are out of that ghost mansion yay! I'm invited by Rose here," she said.

"Rose?"

"Do you remember my roommate I told you about the other day? Rose? And there she is" she pointed out at Rosanne who is in a black knee-length body-hugging outfit. "She just moved in here too"

"Oh my! So Rosanne was your roommate?" I giggled. At this point, I was just so excited that most of my new mates are mates of my mates. This can't get any better.

The party was fun. Since Leisle's just got better from being ill she's full-on party mode today. There is loud music, people, alcohol and good times. I'm absolutely hammered after a few drinks. I've got my beer goggles on and I squinted my eyes to get a better view of the crowd. Wait I see Peter! My tall handsome Pete. I was a bit tipsy by the time I made my way towards him and instantly caught by him in his arms.

"You're here!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in a deep kiss. I felt like my head is revolving and my legs don't want to carry my weight anymore and I fell like a feather as he caught me again.

I can't tell exactly what's happening to me but now my body feels the soft bed beneath instead of sturdy arms that carried it earlier. "Sarah! You take rest here" he said.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds but I feel suffocated and very hot and sweaty. Then the loud noises from the party reached my ears. What am I doing here when I should be at the party? I tried to walk tipsy towards the door but slipped and was about to fall back.

A pair of arms caught me again. My head's all over the place. I was carried to the bed again and a concerned whisper reached my ears causing shivers all over my body "Take rest Sarah".

"Don't leave me Peter" I pulled him closer to me as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I won't" he laid down beside me and wrapped me in his cold arms which made me feel lite and not so hot anymore.

I hate being vulnerable but I just can't keep up my barriers when Peter is around. This moment he's with me. Holding me. And I couldn't ask for much. I dozed off staring into the depths of those beautiful amber eyes.

*******
Hello guys! How do you like the story developing so far? 

Don't be a silent reader and please vote vote vote comment comment comment  

Keep reading Keep sharing <3 LK