Chapter 22

****Sarah's P.O.V****

"Just kidding" he came out of the pool.

 "I saw one when I was a kid. In the woods. He was very fast, very strong and I saw him kill a person. He inserted his sharp fangs on to the guy and he died in vain leaving out a sharp cry. No one believed me though they just said it was my imagination but I'm sure it's real" his voice was agitated. 

A small pit formed in my stomach. Is he talking about Peter? But the Peter I knew was one of the nicest if not the nice person I've ever known. He never harmed me but rather saved me on multiple occasions. If he is as merciless as Stephan says then why didn't he do anything to me?

"How come you've become suddenly interested in vampires anyways?" Stephan questioned.

"Erm., It's nothing I was just going through some Richard's town anecdotes the other day and I saw about some lore about Vampires," I said.

"They are not just lore Sarah they are real. Vampires are vile and cold creatures who lurk in dark and do nothing but prey on innocent lives" he took a step towards me and held my gaze and whispered in a coarse voice sending chills down my spine.

I am not supposed to like a person who survives on the lives of innocents. But I do. Does that make me less human? Is it even okay for me to think good about such a person?

He was the person I shouldn't have met. He was the person I shouldn't be enamoured of. His existence must make me horrified but I'm happy that he exists.

"Sarah?" Stephan's clicking of fingers brought me back. 

"Do you think it's possible to like someone whom everyone else hates?" I asked Stephan. 

"Well, I think no person is bad or good inherently someone who's bad to you might be good to someone else and the other way around." he said casually. 

"Even vampires?" I spurted without giving it much thought. 

"Now you're scaring me Sarah, I am not sure if I should be happy for you believing me about vampires or worried that you're becoming enamoured of them" he  said concerned.  

A cold breeze passed by us making me shiver slightly while my back felt a pair of familiar gazing eyes. 

"Will catch up with ya later mate" I stood up quickly picking my bag and the pair of sandals. 

"Don't forget we gotta plan my mum and dad's wedding anniversary" Stephan shouted while I started walking towards the exit door. 

Instead of speculating I need to know the truth. Instead of scared I need to hear his side of story. How much I may try to deny my feelings for peter it is impossible for me to do so. I entered the woods. 

I see Peter sitting on the branch of a tree which is very close to the ground. I walked slowly and the second I laid my hand on his shoulder he turned back and his eyes changed from golden to a bloody red. A look of a predator. My heart has dropped down at the sight but I stood my ground. His eyes turned back to complete amber when he realized it's me.

"What are you doing here Sarah?" He questioned rather seriously.

"I want to talk to you" I stuttered.

"I've got nothing more to tell you" he cut in.

"But I do" I cut in rather rudely. "I know everyone's saying you're cruel merciless killer but I don't believe them. You are one of the kindest people I've ever met" I held his gaze.

"Maybe you should believe them and leave me alone" he avoided my gaze. 

"But but I know you're not.."

"You don't know everything Sarah, they're right I crave blood. I prey on people"

"Then why didn't you do anything to me?" I cried.

A second of hesitation in his eyes as he averted my gaze again before speaking  "There's no fun in killing a pretty little being like you so soon" he turned around and shot a cold gaze at me.

"You're lying" I cried again.

"I'm not. If you don't leave me alone I might do what I do to all other people" he sneered.

A small layer of tears formed in my eyes. 

"It's just fun playing with you, if you take it seriously then it's your mistake," he said with a rigid expression in his voice still avoiding my eye contact. 

"What?" I couldn't utter another word after what he said.

"You heard me, now go back" he turned towards the field again.

My body went numb and I started to walk aimlessly while a fragrance that I  should be afraid of surrounded me.

I'm dead!

*****

I will update the next chapter soon guys! Thanks for the patience.

Please vote vote vote comment comment comment <3 LK