Chapter 21

**** Sarah's P.O.V****

I felt the time has stopped, everything has stopped. I couldn't process what's happening.

"I am Peter Van hoven, heir to Van hoven family and landlord of this mansion and.." he paused.

I know what he wanted to say. But  I don't know what I want to say. I don't know what to think of. I'm scared I'm panicked. I didn't want to know his true self. I am not strong enough to face the truth. I ran towards the door when Jenny blocked me opening his arms wide open. 

"Please don't tell anything to Cody, He doesn't know any of this" Jenny begged me. 

I barely nodded my head and stepped out of the mansion. 

There I encountered a cheerful voice "Your ride back home is here"

All those tears I tried to control all these days made their own way out. I fell on my knees and buried my head in my hands sobbing.

This can't be real. This can't be happening to me. Something I found ridiculous even a few minutes ago is real now. Those beautiful Amber eyes belong to an avid predator. His cold hands were proof of his existence.

Cody ran towards me and embraced in his arms and his warm skin and tight grip around me made me feel better.

"Please take me out of here" I mumbled in between my sobs.

Cody carefully lifted me up as if I were a brittle glass doll and started the car. I saw the right-wing window open on the side mirror. Now I know who was it that observed me all those days. I know now to whom those set of eyes belongs to. They belong to once a special person to me. They belong to Peter.

"Sarah! There's some pizza downstairs, just in case if you are hungry" It's the tenth time Cody knocked on my door since morning. I was part skeptical part horrified but completely devastated. I didn't speak a word to Cody regarding my outbreak in the morning. I know he had so many questions but I don't have answers for him at least answers that are believable.

The dawn broke in and I know I can't be locking up myself up here today too without making the guys worry. I came downstairs and Cody's cooking something. I announced my presence with a small fake cough.

"You're awake! Want some scrambled eggs?" Cody turned around with a bright smile on his face.

I nodded in yes and took a seat at the counter table.

The eggs are amazing, little pepper and butter on the top added extra flavour. I completely engrossed myself in eating without raising my head to avoid Cody. To my surprise, he didn't said a word and when I lifted my head a little he was already staring at me.

"Erm.., I finally placed the spoon on the plate and continued talking "I know you must be having a lot of questions regarding my break down yesterday"

"I do but you don't have to answer them right away if it makes you feel better" Cody interrupted.

Where can I else meet a person like Cody? He's the perfect person that I ever thought would actually exist in real life and lying, keeping him in dark is making me feel horrible. I can't say truth either especially when I don't know what dangers it might bring upon him.

"It's actually I had a little problem at the lab, I was quite upset about it" I lied.

"You're such a cry baby ya now mate?" Cody patted my head.

"And you're late mate" Becca came from behind.

"We should be get going, the exam's in a hour" John joined her followed by Rosanne. 

"Sarah! Stephan will be coming to swim at the farmhouse today" Rosanne followed the gang. 

Right, today I had to do part-time at Rosanne's parent's farmhouse. I finished cleaning the pool a bit and arranged some warm towels for Stephan. I was scrubbing the floor while staring at the bright day. The orange of the sun reminded me of his amber eyes. He was there all that time in that mansion watching me yet if I think about it he never lied to me. He hid the truth. Are they same? I wish all of it is a bad dream but only it isn't. I can't even share this to anyone. Which crazy person would believe if I talk about vampires?

A thud came as Stephan dived into the pool where I was sitting nearby.

Stephan!! He said vampires are real!

"Stephan?" I muttered.

"What darling?" He laughed.

"Erm., You said you think vampires are real?"

"I don't think I know for a fact" his voice stiffened.  

"How can you be so sure"? I asked.

"Cuz I am one" he smiled sheepishly.

"What?" A small pit started to form in my stomach.

********

So sorry for the late update guys. Work has lately consumed my time. But I will try my best to update as frequent as I can. 

Merry Christmas Everyone <3 LK