Chapter 16

*** Sarah's P.O.V ***

What does he mean if I'm free tonight? Is it a date? What are we gonna do? 

Sarah Darling stop it! Stop that hopeless romantic shit right there! You are just imagining too much. 

Yes, but why he wanted to meet me at night? What possible work he has with me?

All night my heart was visiting places filled with fantasy while my brain is trying to catch them and lock them away. 

Anyways I can't deny the fact that my heart flutters every time I am with Peter. I am trying my best not to show my over-excited self when I see him tonight. But the girly girl inside me wanted to put more effort than yesterday. I wore my sleeveless long white summer gown with a green floral pattern and left my long black hair loose.

The clock struck 8 and I have been waiting for him at the bay. The tires screeching the surface of the road a few meters away made me realize Peter's here.

I took a deep breath and turned back. He was in a blue dress shirt and black trousers and his hair styled. His Amber eyes are sparkling gold more than usual.

"Common Let's go," he said merrily.

I followed him and we drove around about half an hour. We stopped at an isolated place on the other end of the coast with a line of hills that extended into the forest.

"Hmm," he shook his head from right to left.

"Any problem?" I asked curiously.

He pointed at my high heels and said "Not a good idea"

"What?" I asked still confused.

"If you don't mind " he lifted me up in a bridal style in an instant and made his way towards the rocky hiking trail.

"Oh my god, Peter! What are you doing" I refrained him shocked yet blushing to feel his hold all over my body.

"We gotta go to the top" he smiled.

"It's a long way up, you know that right?" I cried.

"Yes, I very much do" he smiled still making our way up.

"I mean I'm heavy" I bit my lip blushing.

"You're as lite as a feather" he beamed his bright smile at me.

I just couldn't believe this is happening to me. His musky wood scent and soft embrace are making me crazy. My internals are screaming with joy.  After around fifteen minutes of the hike, we detoured into the forest still having the rocky trail. At this point, I just prayed that his back is not broke carrying me all way.

I've never been out in the forest at night. It is so calm yet alarmingly loud from the sounds of rustling leaves, cooing birds and chirping insects. 

After a few minutes into the forest, I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. There's a vast field in front of me filled with fireflies. Thousands if not millions of them. The entire place was lit as if on a Christmas night. Peter had slowly let me down on to the ground. I took a step forward-looking at the magical place in front of me. It was like as if I'm in a fairy tale.

I felt a presence approaching my back and Peter's breath near my neck soon afterward. 

"Happy Birthday Sarah" he whispered into my ears.

My eyes widened with surprise. How did he know it was birthday today? I didn't even keep track of this utterly unimportant day.

"How do you know?" I asked facing him now.

"Your ID card in the tool kit, saw it yesterday" he smiled.

"You don't have to do this you know it's just not that important of a day" I bit my lip.

"To me, it is" he smiled making my heart jump out of its place into fantasy land again.

"Do you like your birthday present?" He gestured referring to the field of fireflies.

"This is the best birthday gift that I've ever got, thank you so much" I hugged him instantly.

I felt tingles all over my body. I immediately tried to retreat but heaven's had some other plans. My loose hair caught in his shirt button. He lowered his head trying to untangle my hair where for a second our eyes met.

Something came over me all of a sudden, an urge to have something more something vicious and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in a kiss.

He stood still and I saw no reaction from him. Oh god what have I done? 

Just as I was about to take a step back he pulled me towards him. He touched my lower lip with his thumb finger and rubbed it slightly while his eyes were shifting between my eyes and lips. I slowly closed my eyes as he claimed all my senses. His arms arrested me in their entranced embrace while his tilted head approached my lips. I can feel his soft lips and elevating breath while I parted my lips even more. I grabbed on to his shirt tightly as he started to kiss me aggressively as if my lips belongs to him. Our lips moved synchronously as if they belong to a symphony. 

******

Hello guys! How do you like the story developing so far? What do you think will happen next?

Keep reading Keep sharing <3 LK