Chapter 14

*** Sarah's P.O.V ***

His jaw dropped and he stared at me for a second as if he had seen a ghost.

"I said what are you doing here Peter?" I repeated myself louder this time.

"I...I came for you" he stuttered shifting his glances between me and the baseball bat.

I immediately hid the bat behind me and adjusted a few strands of my hair blushing. He came for me? 

"I wanted to apologize to you for the morning so I came to see you" a small smile filled with guilt left his lips.

"You better be having a good excuse then" I sent a hate glare in his direction.

Suddenly Peter's eyes widened and within a blink of an eye, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me aside along with him and pinned me to a wooden surface and covered my mouth with his hand firmly that I couldn't speak a word. He was very quick that I didn't know what was happening. The place he led me it is very dark and from what I can figure out it seemed like a closet or something.

I could feel his rapid breath approaching my ear and I felt chills all over my body. My heart raced like it's on a treadmill. He whispered slowly into my ears "Quiet Sarah, looks like someone just came home" and slowly withdrew his hand from my lips.

It took me a second to process what he said. Oh my! We're in deep shit! I could hear Albert and Jenny talking downstairs and now a pair of footsteps approaching upstairs. I stayed still in the closed space along with Peter. I think my heart is thumping louder than necessary with him near me.

We stood there like that for a few minutes quietly and then I heard the clicks of the door locks indicating the couple went inside their bedroom.

I poked my head out to check if there's anyone awake in the mansion and judging from the dull lit hallway I know the coast is clear for sure. I grabbed Peter's hand and we tiptoed briskly all the way to my room and when once we entered inside I locked the door and let out a deep breath.

"You are crazy Peter! I thought you were a burglar and I was about to smash your head with this" I gasped placing the bat away.

"Sorry for my unexpected presence but I don't know where to find you except here," he said so naively. 

"You could just knock the front door and ask for me" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you said your landlords are strict or something so I didn't want to cause any trouble" he shrugged.

"And here you thought breaking in would not cause trouble" I rolled my eyes again.

He scratched the back of his neck beaming a thousand-watt bright smile at me.

"How are you feeling now?" I put my palm on his forehead without much thought only to feel tingles all over my body.

"Much better" he smiled " And thank you for yesterday"

"I was so worried when you left in the morning" I bit my lip for letting my concern out. 

"I know I'm so sorry, I had an urgent meeting with a buyer for my painting, he already paid me and I had to deliver it in the morning, I just couldn't wake you up seeing you peacefully sleeping like a cute baby" said Peter.

"Whatever" I quickly turned back to hide my blushing cheeks at the words cute and baby. 

"Hey I'm sorry, let me make it up to you, what do you want me to do?" he pleaded. 

"Never mind" I faked angry voice. 

"Please" he flashed this puppy eyes at me which would be the first and my heart instantly melt like an ice lolly.

"I'll do anything you want" he continued.

"Umm, then will you accompany me tomorrow for my fossil hunt? It looks like my partner going to call in sick tomorrow too," I said.

"My pleasure" he smiled brightly. 

"See you at 4 at the bay area then?" 

"Yes and I'm so sorry again" he apologized. 

I led him to the balcony and thanks to his towering height he jumped from the railing without breaking a leg literally

I thought I'd flare upon him the second he appears in front of me again but I was very glad that he is okay and didn't disappear like last time. I was quick enough to grab the chance to meet him again because I don't want to be going around stalking his whereabouts. The night felt so long and as the dawn broke in I jumped into the shower.

I wore a beige-colored formal shirt and black formal pants and applied a little makeup and was eagerly waiting at the bay. 

"Sarah"! a voice from behind and I instantly knew whom it belongs to. 

****

Who do you think it is guys? <3 LK