Chapter 2

After a tense second, Luka asked, "Do you mean Adrien?"

She let out an exasperated sigh and said, "That easy to tell, huh?"

He let out a small chuckle, nodding, before the two were back into the conversation.

"He knew about Lila lying since she stole a book from his father, and pretended she was a hero with the same miraculous as Rena Rouge. I followed Adrien and Lila after she took the book and saw Ladybug expose her as a liar," Marinette explained. "After the whole ordeal I had to return the book to Adrien's father so that he could go back to school. I think that's why he didn't do anything about Lila directly."

After her summary, Luka looked thoughtful for a moment and then guessed, "So, you think that he's used to lies because his father is famous?"

She nodded, adding on, "I'm pretty sure he's dealt with celebrity gossip and slander before, so he probably didn't know how harmful it could be."

"What are you going to do at school tomorrow then?" Luka asked. "If you're going, of course."

"I'm most likely going to attempt a friendly conversation with Chloe and just ignore Alya after what she said," Marinette answered truthfully.

"...and Adrien?"

Letting out a breath, she replied, "Try and be a good friend to him."

Surprised by her answer, Luka looked up right as she began to say, "I've been in love with him since he first gave me his umbrella, and that was more than a year ago. I've done so many things to try and gain his attention, like make him a scarf. Sadly, his father somehow took the credit. Probably because someone removed the sticky note I put on the gift."

Raising a brow, Luka said, "Didn't you tell him you made it?" She shook her head.

"He just looked so happy because of it. I couldn't take that away from him."

Luka smiled. "That's so thoughtful of you, Marinette."

Marinette looked him in the eye, a blush adorning her cheeks from the compliment. "Thank you."

Staring at the piercing green of the male's eyes, the only thing that broke her out of the trance was his question. "Must have been awkward when we all went ice skating, right?"

At the mention of skating, Marinette remembered the time when Adrien had asked for advice on how to impress Kagami Tsurugi, a now friend of hers. She reminisced of how she'd brought Luka along as well, meaning the quartet split into pairs whilst on the ice rink.

Of course, she'd also saved Paris from being turned into the owner's personal ice rink, but she couldn't inform him of that. Secret identities and all.

"It was so awkward, you have no idea!" Marinette exclaimed. "I'm so thankful that you came, Luka. I don't know how I could've handled it without you being there."

A nudging from her purse made her open the clasp again, where she saw Tikki pointing at her phone again. Picking it up, the time flashed in front of her eyes, making them widen in realisation.

"Oh, shoot! I have to help my parents in the bakery soon!"

Luka glanced in the direction of her home, and nodded in understanding. Standing up, she leaned into him, placing a soft kiss on each of his cheeks. Pink flooded both of their faces, reminding Marinette of the days where she would stutter and fumble in front of her crush.

However, with newfound confidence, she hugged him one last time, gave him a sweet smile, and walked out of his view, only to rush into an alley and put her head in her hands. Tikki flew out of her purse, smirking at the red face of her owner.

"Looks like someone has found their new statue," the kwami teased, giving Marinette a moment to understand the statement. When she did, her skin flushed again as she squeeked, "Tikki!"

A giggle from her made Marinette pout adorably, and so to save herself embarrassment she mumbled from behind her hands, "Tikki, spots on."

A blond, his dessert now consumed, looked down at the text on his phone, telling him of a photoshoot to go to. He watched as Luka strolled off, something triangular being fidgeted with in his right hand.

A familiar whirring sound made his gaze settle upwards, where he saw Ladybug swing across rooftops out of his eyesight. The ring on his finger felt heavier as he began to walk off into a secluded area to transform, a million thoughts clouding his mind.